1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Rag & Bone RB 15 sizing question

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bsyde82, Jan 17, 2007.

1. bsyde82

bsyde82 Well-Known Member

I've never owned or even tried on a pair of Rag and Bone jeans so I'm not sure how slim this particular cut is...I can only judge from online pictures on active endeavors.com but online pics, as I have found, can be deceiving...can anyone tell me what the RB 15 jeans fit like...particularly...how slim the leg is...say...relative to the Acne Mic or Diesel Viker?

Thanks!

2. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

it's slim...the pair i got from brian sd were really tight for me..not so tight where it looked ridiculous, but too tight for me where i would keep it. i wear slim jeans no problem, but these were tight....

3. bsyde82

it's slim...the pair i got from brian sd were really tight for me..not so tight where it looked ridiculous, but too tight for me where i would keep it. i wear slim jeans no problem, but these were tight....

could you compare it to another brand/fit?

and what's your build, approx, if you dont mind me asking...I'm about 5'8, 150..

4. thisisme

thisisme Well-Known Member

cultpop tight? chris tight? PBJ 9.5" thighs?

5. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

could you compare it to another brand/fit?

and what's your build, approx, if you dont mind me asking...I'm about 5'8, 150..

i'm like 5'7" and 135ish-140. Wear size 30 (safety in almost every brand) 30 nudies, 28 APC, 29 Samurai, and 30 the rest of the japanese brands. I bought a 30 and it fight TIGHT. that's me though, my thighs are a bit bigger..not too big. But not aneorexic. I'm trying to find pics of my fits now..

[​IMG]
    samurai 29...

They fit much tighter in the thigh area and the ass...

hope that helps...

6. minhi

minhi Well-Known Member

I've never owned or even tried on a pair of Rag and Bone jeans so I'm not sure how slim this particular cut is...I can only judge from online pictures on active endeavors.com but online pics, as I have found, can be deceiving...can anyone tell me what the RB 15 jeans fit like...particularly...how slim the leg is...say...relative to the Acne Mic or Diesel Viker?

Thanks!

below is my take on the RB-15 Indigo which fits slim. Supposedly the RB-15 Selvedge is more forgiving in fit.

do you know what size you are in other jeans? I just got a pair of the rb-15 in that size and i don't think they will stretch much. the 30x32 on me fits similiar to my apc ns 28--which is to say tight. it's a skinny type jean and much closer to running towards the 29.5 then to 30.5. it's also pretty tight through the thighs and i'm not that big. i'm 5'11" about 150lbs skinny asian frame.

i don't think they're 'slightly' small, i have a few other size 30 jeans and considering how low rise these are i'm surprised they're so tight in the waist. i also have boot cut ola in 32 (too loose need a belt) and a rr greycast in 32 as well (way too lose, belt and baggy). you should also know that the rb15 pair have a cotton reinforcement in the waist, which i think will also prevent too much stretching.

i'm ok with them but the look is pretty much identical to my ns, not sure what i could;ve done since i think the 32 would've been too big. i would say my true jean size is 30-31 (31 in dress pants).

7. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

cultpop tight, and I'm 6'0 148 pounds

8. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Well-Known Member

Factory People doesn't list the inseam for the RB15's. Am I safe to assume a 30 waist has a 32 inseam?

9. thisisme

thisisme Well-Known Member

tough..... apc ns 26 pre stretch fits perfect...... duno if i should go for 28" rb15s..

10. bsyde82

below is my take on the RB-15 Indigo which fits slim. Supposedly the RB-15 Selvedge is more forgiving in fit.

do you know what size you are in other jeans? I just got a pair of the rb-15 in that size and i don't think they will stretch much. the 30x32 on me fits similiar to my apc ns 28--which is to say tight. it's a skinny type jean and much closer to running towards the 29.5 then to 30.5. it's also pretty tight through the thighs and i'm not that big. i'm 5'11" about 150lbs skinny asian frame.

i don't think they're 'slightly' small, i have a few other size 30 jeans and considering how low rise these are i'm surprised they're so tight in the waist. i also have boot cut ola in 32 (too loose need a belt) and a rr greycast in 32 as well (way too lose, belt and baggy). you should also know that the rb15 pair have a cotton reinforcement in the waist, which i think will also prevent too much stretching.

i'm ok with them but the look is pretty much identical to my ns, not sure what i could;ve done since i think the 32 would've been too big. i would say my true jean size is 30-31 (31 in dress pants).

the slimmest jean i own is probably the acne mic in black (trash?) wash in 31...my thighs are pretty skinny and the acne mic is probably the slimmest i'd go....maybe slightly slimmer at most

11. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

Factory People doesn't list the inseam for the RB15's. Am I safe to assume a 30 waist has a 32 inseam?

yes, it doesn't go up to 34 until the waist hits 34.

12. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

yes, it doesn't go up to 34 until the waist hits 34.
    Nope. My rb15s are 32/34. And they're also not cultpop tight. I've got pics in the WAYWN thread from a few days ago for reference. [​IMG][​IMG] Besides fitting a bit stacked on me, I'd say the fit is similar to my RRL slimcut. Not skinny, just slim.

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

Nope. My rb15s are 32/34.

And they're also not cultpop tight. I've got pics in the WAYWN thread from a few days ago for reference.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Besides fitting a bit stacked on me, I'd say the fit is similar to my RRL slimcut. Not skinny, just slim.

I think the RB15 indigo fit a lot slimmer than the selvage.

14. whodini

I tried on a pair at SW and I didn't notice too much of a difference other than the leg openings felt bigger for some reason. I fit into a 32 indigo just fine but the selvage felt like magic.

15. minhi

minhi Well-Known Member

the slimmest jean i own is probably the acne mic in black (trash?) wash in 31...my thighs are pretty skinny and the acne mic is probably the slimmest i'd go....maybe slightly slimmer at most

i don't know acne sizes, but how tight are these on you? if they're already pretty tight/slim on you then walk away fromt he RB15 Indigo Slim i don't think you'd fit into them....

16. bsyde82

sorry didn't clarify this earlier (although not sure it even makes a difference) but the jean im lookin at is the rb 15 in unwashed black/ash denim, not indigo...i'm looking off the AE site where its currently at 200...does this make a difference in the sizing?

also, ive noticed a lot of ppl bashing on AE...i've bought one item from them and everything appears to be fine...i know they're a tad overpriced, which is why i wouldn't buy from them unless they're hte only ones carrying the thing im lookin for...anything else i should know about them?

17. whodini

sorry didn't clarify this earlier (although not sure it even makes a difference) but the jean im lookin at is the rb 15 in unwashed black/ash denim, not indigo...i'm looking off the AE site where its currently at 200...does this make a difference in the sizing?

also, ive noticed a lot of ppl bashing on AE...i've bought one item from them and everything appears to be fine...i know they're a tad overpriced, which is why i wouldn't buy from them unless they're hte only ones carrying the thing im lookin for...anything else i should know about them?

They're gyping us out of well-earned affliate money so really, boycott them if you'd like to support the forum.

18. minhi

minhi Well-Known Member

you should ask AE if it fits more like the indigo (slim) or more like the selvedge. AE seems pretty accurate with their description so i think 30 would be fine on you in that particular jean. but again, without trying them on it's awalys a gamble.

the issue with AE is more because of some things they did to styleforum. i personally wouldn't buy from them either, but it's your money....

19. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Well-Known Member

Is there any difference quality wise between the indigo non-selvage and the selvage version?

20. whodini

Is there any difference quality wise between the indigo non-selvage and the selvage version?
    I wouldn't differentiate in terms of "quality," but as I stated on the LA sale thread I definitely noticed a difference in terms of denim stiffness and color between the rb15 and the rb15s. Indigo was a soft blue on the rb15 whereas the rb15s was much darker and stiffer from the tighter weave. Just noticed you're from Buffalo. I could go for some beef on weck or a couple of wings from Duff's.