1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Rag & Bone Denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jul 28, 2008.

1. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Well-Known Member

how is the fading on this denim?
    and how stretchy? size down?

im seriously consdering a pair of rb11s.

2. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

Anyone know which sites still carry the streaky Rag & Bone?

3. velobran

velobran Well-Known Member

I have only had my RB15s for about a week, so I wouldn't know anything about fading.
    The denim is nice and somewhat streaky.
    They are not stretchy and will not strectch much in the waist due to the lining.
    They are slightly vanity sized. I bought a 32w and my natural waist is 34. To put things into perspective, I wear a size 30 in APC. The model I bought is selvedge and the denim between a light-weight and medium weight. Certainly softer and lighter than my APCs or Nudies. The details are really nice though and seem to have solid construction.

4. freshDenim

freshDenim Active Member

Anyone know which sites still carry the streaky Rag & Bone?

If you are speaking about the Blade which is very streaky and skinny (rb 20 ), try calling blackbird; else I'm clueless.

5. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

I have only had my RB15s for about a week, so I wouldn't know anything about fading.
    The denim is nice and somewhat streaky.
    They are not stretchy and will not strectch much in the waist due to the lining.
    They are slightly vanity sized. I bought a 32w and my natural waist is 34. To put things into perspective, I wear a size 30 in APC. The model I bought is selvedge and the denim between a light-weight and medium weight. Certainly softer and lighter than my APCs or Nudies. The details are really nice though and seem to have solid construction.

Are you talking about the new RB15s that are on Farinelli and Revolve? Do you mind posting fit pictures? Thanks.

6. kit99bar

kit99bar Well-Known Member

I would also like to see fit pics. I am a 34 at my waist where I wear my jeans. Is that what you mean by "true waist"? thx!

Are you talking about the new RB15s that are on Farinelli and Revolve? Do you mind posting fit pictures? Thanks.

7. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

I would also like to see fit pics. I am a 34 at my waist where I wear my jeans. Is that what you mean by "true waist"? thx!
    He's trying to say that the Rag & Bone 15s this time around run a bit bigger than the tagged size, makes fat people feel better about the expansion in their waistlines. About 2" bigger?

8. Epaulet

Epaulet Well-Known Member

Cone mills makes the fabric for LVC . Taylor togs was a factory the constructed the garments but went out of Business.
    Cone is very much a live and making denim for a lot of people.

And these days, Rag & Bone denim is produced at their own facility in NYC - using equipment bought from Taylor togs.

9. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

I too have the R&B 15s (the new lightweight ones), and I love them. I'd post a pic but they're at the tailors right now being tapered. They're vanity sized as much as any other jean; I went with a 32 which is what I wear in pretty much everything. No real stretching so far even after like 2 weeks of wear.

10. spacemanvt

can u compare the rb15 to anything other cuts?

11. Mauro

Mauro Well-Known Member

Washington, DC and a few months out of the year in
    The rb-15 can be compated to a NS or the ksubi dee dee maybe a KMW rocker ( not as tight)
    rmember the weave is loose and the fabric is under 12.5 oz

12. spacemanvt

shit i might have to get that instead.

Mauro, getting those in as well?

13. djs488

djs488 Well-Known Member

^ really, i was under the impression that the hems on the NS and rocker were significantly smaller than on the rb15.

14. TyCooN

TyCooN Well-Known Member

so why is Rag & Bone so fond of using lightweight denim?

15. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

can u compare the rb15 to anything other cuts?

I'd say its more relaxed than the KMW 1980 and the RRL Low Down Boot.. but its hard to judge because the denim is so soft and lightweight.

16. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

I've gotten a few PMs/questions about what my R&B 15s look like. I took some shitty pics. I sized TTS and I had them shortened an inch and the leg openening tapered to 7.75" from 8.5"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. JSTF

JSTF Well-Known Member

where can i get some rb15s online? i checked farinellis and the only slim they got is the 23jays

18. spacemanvt

i got a pair of selvedge made in NY Rb11s TTS and they stretched a bit but fit great, with a belt.
    i have had them for 6 months now and they have faded a bit but not tons. no honeycombs either prob cause they are so loose.

i love how light and soft the denim, i dont love the huge back pockets.

can post pics if someone really wants.

19. JSTF

JSTF Well-Known Member

yes, please post the pictures. always appreciated. from what i gather the 15s are their slim fits. are the 11s their skinny fit?

20. theom-

theom- Well-Known Member

No the rb11s are straight leg. Probably like a rescue. 23s are the skinny fit.