1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. mraza

mraza Well-Known Member

Very nice .
    Interested to hear your impression on cardigan 4 she'll. Does it Tun true to size?
    The picture shows very dark shell so can't see the shine . I am wondering if they are similar to polo Marlo shell.

2. pediwear

pediwear Well-Known Member

thank you, should be going out tomorrow! Still enjoying the shoes?

3. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

Pediwear's C&J prices have jumped, but the C&J site still has the previous standard prices.

4. itzgok

itzgok Member

Hello gents,

I know this is specifically a C&J thread, but hopefully you'll allow me to ask this question here..

I recently purchased some Peal & Co wholecuts from Brooks Brothers and all signs seem to point to them having been manufactured by C&J. I am concerned about the quality of these shoes, though. The leather smells awfully chemical-like and has a plastic feel to it. This is my first experience with Peal & Co and Crockett and Jones; however, I have several pairs of Allen Edmonds. I expected these shoes to feel like a higher quality than AE, but they really don't.

Does anybody have any recent insight on Brooks Brothers' Peals made by C&J and their quality? Thank you in advance!

-gok

5. Skelnik

Skelnik Well-Known Member

Can anyone compare the difference between the Harlech and Peal Co cap toe boots in terms of the last and shape? The Peal Co is on the 240 and the Harlech is on the 341. But it appears that the 240 has a bit rounder, less pointed and higher toe box. The 341 looks to be a bit more elongated and flatter toe box. Does anyone know if that is accurate or am I just misreading the pictures of these boots?

I know the color and sole are different but wanted to know what else is different. I'm highly considering getting one of these soon.

6. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Well-Known Member

Anyone own/have any thoughts on the Durham? I really like the 325 last and love the tan scotch grain of my Pembrokes. Would love to see some photos in the wild.

[​IMG]

7. krede

krede Member

Does anybody by chance own the Cheviot? I would very much enjoy seeing some pictures of it and how it ages.

8. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

oh yeah let's see some pics of that beauty

9. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Oiled suede Islays.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  10. globobock

globobock Well-Known Member

Quote:You applied oil to them? Why? Doesn't it "destroy" the silky touch of the suede?

11. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Umm, they came that way from the factory.

12. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

You mean they doused them with olive oil before shipping???

13. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

14. Watchman1

Watchman1 Well-Known Member

15. Northants bloke

Northants bloke Well-Known Member

A new pair of 'Wembley' black Oxfords from C&J factory shop in shoetown.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. mschachter7

mschachter7 New Member

Dear all, Long time lurker and new poster here! I'd like to solicit some shoe fitting advice - I've read loads of articles and forum threads regarding sizing but the more I read the more lost I get!

So I thought I'd ask specifically regarding my fitting problem: I have several pairs of Crockett and Jones shoes, including: Tetbury, Camberley, Snowdon boots and the Ashdown and Lowndes shoes.

With the odd exception of the Ashdown shoes, I have a mild heel slip on the left shoe on all of them. Sometimes if I wear very thin dress socks, the slip is even more pronounced and sometimes I feel I cant walk quite as comfortably as I feel very conscious of the slippage. I have owned all of my shoes at least 1-2 years, so I dont think its a break-in problem.

So what are the rules regarding how shoes are supposed to fit? Are minimal heel slippages allowed, or should these be completely absent once broken in??

I have had some C&J shoes in 6.5 (namely the Northcote and Camberley) which had zero heel slippage but pressed too tightly on the back of my right foot so much so that even sitting still it felt tight and mildly painful at the end of the day and leave imprints on my feet - what to do?? Do I size down on everything and hope the leather stretches to accomodate?

17. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Purdey Islays.
    [​IMG]

7 people like this.
  18. KPDarb

KPDarb Well-Known Member

Galway 2 Whiskey Cordovan

Hey everyone! Theres one spot open on the Galway 2 in whiskey cordovan. We are trying to get this going as soon as possible. Let me know via PM if you're interested.

Current spec of the boot:

• Galway 2
    • 325 last
    • Whiskey cordovan
    • 4+4 eyelets/hooks in vintage brass
    • Storm welt
    • Antique welt/edge
    • Danite sole
    • No pull tab*
    • Price: £750 less VAT £625 + Shipping

[​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Well-Known Member

Happy wingtip Wednesday! I absolutely love these.
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  20. Nikola

Nikola Well-Known Member

^ Love the harmony of that photo!

1 person likes this.