1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. neelp3

neelp3 Well-Known Member

My conistons are the same way. I never had any boots that I laced leather to leather, but with these, it looks fine and actually feels good.
    I also have a really wide foot and after wearing them a few days, I realized that if I went another .5 size down, it would have been too tight, esp if I wore thick socks. C&J NY basically told me that I'd rather size up by .5 than down since they are boots. Unless they're really moving around, I think they are fine.

2. Sym

Sym Well-Known Member

Does Purdey not send out tracking numbers? Also can't find it anywhere on the site.

3. goosetown

goosetown New Member

Perfect, thanks for the help. @neelp3, did the NY store also suggest you try the insole? And do your boots fit very well after breaking in? Thanks again for your help.

4. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

With no discount? I would order from one of the UK stores for mail order.

5. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

Thanks. Are there ever discounts on them in the NY store? Or anywhere?

6. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

I don't see it on the site, but they did email it to me. Either that or UPS sent me the tracking as my address is registered in their system. I definitely had tracking though.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  7. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Well-Known Member

Alright I pulled the trigger on the Tan Purdeys in size 11.5. I mentioned a few days ago that the bigger sizes were priced higher (@ 357 pounds instead of 230) and someone said contact them. That's what I did and this morning they replied saying they fixed the discrepancy, thanking me, and that all sizes are now marked at the 230.

I normally wear US 13, I have a high arch and high instep which generally makes US 12 way too small. Particularly with loafers, gym shoes, and AE and others. The toe box is generally not the issue.

Was in between UK 12 and UK 11.5. I posted here awhile ago that I bought PS / Phineas Cole Islays last year but they sent me UK 13 instead of US 13. I had them refunded because they were enormous, and recall thinking I was probably 1.5 sizes off not just one size off there.

So here I went with the 11.5...praying the fit right and are not too tight. Can't wait to get them!! Thanks for the advice here.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  8. Mutombo

Mutombo Well-Known Member

^^ I also emailed them about the price discrepancy and woke up to the same response. Great CS. I picked up a pair in size 11. My scotch grain conistons are one of my favorite pairs so I'm excited to add another version to the stable.

9. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it worked out. Hope your sizing works out. If not, perhaps try Enzo Bonafe for a high instep boot.

10. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

I think there are sales, but I'm not sure if the Harlech is part of the sale. It's still cheaper to get it overseas than buying direct in NY.

11. neelp3

neelp3 Well-Known Member

Well, I wear an insole for most of my boots and sized up by .5 with that in mind and after telling them that, he recommended the same. I wore the coinstones with an insole (3/4 length orthodic insole) for a few days, but the boots felt clunky and didn't feel right, but once I wore them without, it felt a lot better. I could probably go for a thin insole to tighten the fit, but I don't mind a little wiggle room since I have wide feet. I've worn them about 10-15 times now and are very comfortable, esp with thick socks.

Hope this helps!

1 person likes this.
  12. Ichaice

Ichaice Active Member

I'm interested in people's opinion of these also. Even though my order for the Tan Coniston was accepted Purdey have run out of stock and so have offered me these instead. Are they any good, will Nubuck last as long as calf leather, are these defiantly made by C&J as well?

13. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

Yes they are made by C&J (325 last), It is rough out nubuck leather which is tougher than regular calf. I would accept their offer. This is my pair bought from Purdey last year.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  14. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

WTHM? All I got was "we ran out of stock and cancelled your order, sorry about that".

15. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Well-Known Member

Now I'm worried that my order will be cancelled, but as of now no word

16. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Off to the football today (Old Trafford)

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  17. Zapasman

Zapasman Well-Known Member

^ you have a very solid collection of shoes. Nice.

1 person likes this.
  18. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

I haven't been here in months, but I thought I'd post these unorthodox C&J (for BBBF) double monks that I'm sporting today.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cheers gents...

2 people like this.
  19. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Well-Known Member

Solid attire for watching football @Cleav , American or otherwise. Love this wingtip design in grain leather, shell, or just about any other material. Enjoy them often and in the best of health my friend...

20. heelguy

heelguy Well-Known Member

Too bad it was such a lousy game. They need to fire LVG.