1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Bearcat1

Bearcat1 Active Member

Hi there!

Re Camberley Inquiry

I have a pair of the brown Camberley as pictured in your post. Very nice, elegant pair of shoes. Can be worn with suits, and looks outstanding with casual wear (jeans/slacks, etc). When worn with a suit, the bottom buckle shows in a way which is not at all overly conspicuous.

It is obviously very similar to the brown Hallam in the front though the dainite sole makes it a bit more comfortable and perhaps a little bit more substantial-looking. If you are familiar with the 348 last, are comfortable with its length, and and like it, I think it is a nice buy. Note however that the instep is a bit tight. To the extent that you have a high instep, this may not be a good model for you. Cheers.

2. Bearcat1

Bearcat1 Active Member

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. scorpwk

scorpwk Active Member

Does anyone have any experience with the chukka offered by C&J? I had some bad experiences with the alden unlined chukka in terms of quality,so I was looking at C&J for somethibg that is similar, but hopefully of better quality.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  4. DavidLane

DavidLane Well-Known Member

I have two chukkas from C&J I really like both the Tetbury and the Brecon. However I have a high instep and the Tetbury was not a good fit, I love the style but they just do not work for my foot. The Brecon is wonderful, and both are built like brick Sh#! houses.

Best,

DL-

5. jujujoo11

jujujoo11 Well-Known Member

I wear the tetbury's in 11.5 US. Will the buckled camberley fit the same? I think the shoes look nice in dark brown!!

6. Bearcat1

Bearcat1 Active Member

I do not own the Tetbury but understand that it is also on the 348 last. I would think you can expect a similar fit except perhaps in respect of the instep of the Camberley which may be tighter given the style of the boot as compared to an open laced chukka boot.

7. MGD83

MGD83 Well-Known Member

For me, the tetbury always felt generous. Much more then my other 348 lasted shoes in the same size.

8. coltlim

coltlim Member

[​IMG]

my 7 year old wedding shoes connaught

4 people like this.
  9. jujujoo11

jujujoo11 Well-Known Member

Hey, That is true for me too. The fit felt good but on the Tetbury's there is a little give on the heel. All my other 348 shoes feel snug. I tired a half size off on the tetbury and felt too tight.

10. jssdc

jssdc Well-Known Member

This is the same experience for me as well. My 8.5 Lowndes feel spot on, my 8.5 Selbournes feel slightly loose or spot on depending on the time of day (which I suppose means their the right size), but my 8.5 Tetbury's feel either loose or very loose, with the creasing to match. If I had to do it again I would have gone with an 8.

11. MGD83

MGD83 Well-Known Member

I did end up going with a half size down, from my usual 9.5UK.

12. Naesuk

Naesuk Well-Known Member

I normally take a 10 in C&J for my 2nd pair of Tetbury's I went down to 9.5 a much better fit for me.

13. Naesuk

Naesuk Well-Known Member

I was in the C&J London shop the other day and they had some nice woman's boots. Not sure of the price.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. KPDarb

KPDarb Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on retail price of Skye boots? Or how much it would be to order from the factory? Anecdotes? I have not been able to find anything on them here in the US.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  15. aaamax

aaamax Member

1 person likes this.
  16. JKKJ

JKKJ Member

Nice photo: a pleasant alternative to the close-ups (nothing wrong with those though), gives a little context, doesn't confuse photog and subject, interesting composition.

Good shoes too.

17. Naesuk

Naesuk Well-Known Member

Thanks, I got lucky with the ipad. Cheers

18. szerwo

szerwo Well-Known Member

Hey guys, first time poster here. I've been getting drawn more and more to the classic English styling of Crockett and Jones lately. I currently own one pair, a Black Fleece wholecut oxford with a perf toe cap, I believe in the 240 last. I've got 2 questions.

1. I'm considering ordering one of the Purdey makeups but I live in america and wanted to know if anyone has had experience having to pay customs duties? They ship UPS. Anyone have anything else to say about ordering through Purdey in general, or the quality of their C&J's?

2. The 240 last is a good fit for me in 10.5 with a thin sock, should I order the same size for 325 lasted shoes and boots?

Thanks!

19. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

I like those whole cut, mght just drop by the store to see how it looks in person

20. szerwo

szerwo Well-Known Member

Originally Posted by szerwo [​IMG]

Hey guys, first time poster here. I've been getting drawn more and more to the classic English styling of Crockett and Jones lately. I currently own one pair, a Black Fleece wholecut oxford with a perf toe cap, I believe in the 240 last. I've got 2 questions.

1. I'm considering ordering one of the Purdey makeups but I live in america and wanted to know if anyone has had experience having to pay customs duties? They ship UPS. Anyone have anything else to say about ordering through Purdey in general, or the quality of their C&J's?

2. The 240 last is a good fit for me in 10.5 with a thin sock, should I order the same size for 325 lasted shoes and boots?

Thanks!

Here's a photo of the cap toes, unbelievable color, quality and detail

[​IMG]

3 people like this.