1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Naesuk

Naesuk Well-Known Member

You can get dark blue, see C&jJ website. I think there is a pair US side on eBay. I really like dark brown boots and if I was asked to pick from the Internet photos between dark brown and tan I would have gone for the darker boots. But now, having the tan and seeing how fantastic the leather and colour is I woundnt change them.

[​IMG]

2. heelguy

heelguy Well-Known Member

I am 7 UK and got them.

3. IGotId

IGotId Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply & pic. Do you have any more pics?

4. Naesuk

Naesuk Well-Known Member

Hi, I posted some a couple of days ago. Cheers

5. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Well-Known Member

Question for the thread, I too am in the market for a pair of conistons, if I wear an 8d barrie and 8e 341 would i go with the 7.5 or 8 E with the coniston. I have ready where some size down a full size from their US size.

6. heelguy

For C&J I size down one full US size and 1/2 from EG.

7. bespoken pa

Sounds like a 7.5 might be the best option the 8 e fit fine on the 341 so the 325 is .5 down from that correct?

8. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

I have Harlechs (341) and one pair of Conistons (325). To me, the Conistons are slightly roomier than the 341 Harlechs. I'm not sure you'd want to go down .5 if the 341's fit well. If you have a bit of room in the 341's and want a snugger fit, then I guess you could go down .5 from the 341 size.

1 person likes this.
  9. BootSpell

BootSpell Well-Known Member

Sorry, forgot to mention that my 341 and 325's are in the same size.

10. IGotId

IGotId Well-Known Member

Found them, thanks.

11. scottf

scottf New Member

I bought 10 UK Conistons and normally wear 11.5 US. They fit perfectly as if MTO.

12. Mead

Mead Well-Known Member

The Conistons color looks very nice

13. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

I have had a years-long desire for a Coniston boot but for one reason or another have never bit. The tan is a color I don't have much of so would be something unique for me, but the dark brown is damn pretty. Given the USD vs EU right now, it seems a great time to buy the Frans Boone version.

For those of us in the States, I've almost bit the bullet at British Sporting Arms (http://bsaltd.com/pages/L090C.htm) a dozen times or thereabouts. The price is quite reasonable compared to C&J Manhattan. The FB version is listed at $446 for US buyers. That's a fantastic deal. May have to check to see about when they plan to restock.

14. bespoken pa

Do they make a size 7.75 E :embar:? I think I will make the purchase next week. I still think I will stick with 8E rather a little room vs. too little room.

15. heelguy

I also have thought about the Coniston for years. The combination of the dark brown and the price was what did it.

1 person likes this.
  16. patrick_b

Congrats! I'm envious. Too bad they don't have a full size run right now. Someone here noted that the dk brown is a stock model for them now. Hoping they plan to restock soon. It'll be hard to pass up with the exchange rate as is.

17. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Very tempting purchase, though I have been eyeing a Northcote boot for a while and having a hard time choosing.

18. patrick_b

I hear you, the Northcote is gorgeous but for me the decision was easy...I want dainite so Coniston's the way to go. I have virtually all leather soles so I need to mix it up with some dainite. Given the winter we've had in Boston, I figure it'll never melt so I may as well add another dainite sole to the rotation.

19. heelguy

thanks and hopefully they will re-stock your size. They do have some other very nice C & J and at $1.09/Euro, they are also great deals.

20. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

I thought standard Northcote was on Dainite? Versions I've seen have it. Either way, they are definitely different styles. Ideally I'd have both.