1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Well-Known Member

Part of me wishes / hopes that there might be a second model a little be later down the line. I personally don't have much need for a ridgeway as i am not-so-patiently awaiting a #8 indy w/commando to use through the winter weather (and beyond). I like the standard model, and am not too fussed by speed hooks. However if there was a group order for the Whisky with double leather all eyelet, i would be interested - but only if the process was a few months in the future as I am not going to be able to get fitted for the Last until mid-December. Early next year would be a possibility. Would like to see the boot IRL before a decision was made - I am definitely on the lookout for a shell captoe, maybe an Alden Plaza or Grant, maybe this Harlech.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Now that I've seen whiskey I'm interested in a whiskey Harlech on double leather. Could do eyelets too. I've emailed Lauren to see if whiskey is even an option - I will let you guys know when she replies.

3. AriGold

AriGold Well-Known Member

NOW YOU'RE Talking HOIT! Double Leather Soul Whiskey leather. oh how beautifully that would age.

4. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Would anyone be interested in a double soled Boston or Harvard or Lincoln loafer in whiskey cordovan? It would have to be a MTO, but I think it would come in at a lot less than the $895 one currently being sold on Ben Silver.

If you're interested send me a PM. I am committed to making this happen. Please don't PM me if you're not 100% sure.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  5. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

Sick Boot! You had those made way back in 2014 Gramps .. Sweet .. :nodding:
    :nodding:

6. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Chipshot is in for the whiskey loafer. Who else?

7. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Well-Known Member

Y'all are going to need a separate MTO thread at this rate!

But in the meantime, if anyone is interested in getting a proper decent winter boot in the form of a Ridgeway-soled, shearling-lined Snowdon in rough-out and tobacco suede then drop me a line and I'll pick this up in private...

8. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Well-Known Member

would be very interested in whiskey harlech.

9. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Well-Known Member

+1 on a whiskey cordovan Harlech on double leather. Are there any preferences amongst the faithful for a pull strap or not?

10. hoit1981

I'm thinking yes to pull strap and yes to speed hooks although I don't hugely care either way. I think a straight up Harlech (in whiskey) might be nice.

11. BeSpiffington

hoit, I've been following the evolution of your thinking about the proposed make-up for this boot and I like where your going. I think a double leather sole just makes the lines of the boot look classier to me. A pull strap with speed hooks means easier on and off since in all likelihood it would be a boot I'd want to wear a lot. Does any of this make sense?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  12. hoit1981

I think I do spiff. I was originally thinking of something classic with the ability of being practical over the winter months (hence the Ridgeway). I am now rethinking things slightly - especially if whiskey is indeed available... I'm waiting to hear back on that.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  13. BeSpiffington

RL Marlow PTB cashmere otc and Bill's khakis. [​IMG] It's definitely raining spit today here in MPLS. OMG, water spots on my shell cordovan. Am I worried? No. Are my feet dry? Yes. Will the water spots brush out? Absolutely. No worries.

14. chipshot

chipshot Well-Known Member

That's right Spiff .. People here baby cordovan too much.. Love that shoe.. Ft for me TTs is just spot on..

15. BeSpiffington

Thank you very much chipshot. I just got home and performed a little Mac love on mine, and they look even better than when I put them on this morning. Go figure.[​IMG]

16. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Cross Post from BB Thread:

Beautiful Peal & Co. C&Js i picked up today, the chestnut is fantastic, and i could have sworn the 341 last was more conservative than this but i am pleasantly surprised:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now i need some Saphir mahogany polish and cream, which i am guessing is the closest match...

17. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

They look wonderful, Jubei, great buy, I guess your black cap toe have to wait further

18. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Jubei will you mainly be wearing those oxfords with suits?

19. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

I might delay the black captoe a bit, i have too many black shoes for Florida at the moment :)

Hopefully i can contact C&J with some reference on fit now, so that they can give me an accurate conversion. I still want to pick up that dark brown Radstock...

I haven't thought that far yet, more than likely with an odd jacket and trousers. Sacrilege, i know, but i don't actually get to wear suits very often here in Florida... :embar:

20. jssdc

jssdc Well-Known Member

Fwiw

Fwiw I have mahogany cream with C&J chestnut. It looks like the closest color but always came out too orange for me. I've been alternating Hermes rouge and dark brown (with a bit of black on the toes) and have been quite pleased.