1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

I think the photos didn't upload properly, you will need to repost.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  2. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Great comparison pictures, and the yellow line to show the asymmetrical of the shoes are very informative.

3. BespokeKiwi

BespokeKiwi Well-Known Member

New 348 Milton boots worn with business attire pants:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. BespokeKiwi

New 348 Milton boots worn with casual attire jeans, i.e. slim-fit with improvised boot cut alterations:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

P.S. I'm happy with my recent 348 Milton boots purchase. So, my next planned C&J purchase will be 348 Tetbury boots in dark brown leather with (double?) leather soles. After that, I will move onto purchasing some of their capped Oxford shoes as we've been discussing in recent posts above. Once completed, I will then have a nice "basic set" of C&J footwear to build upon, which I'm greatly looking forward too.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ecstasy

Ecstasy Well-Known Member

Hi peeps, a newcomer to C&J seeking sizing advice here. I wear a US9D AE 5 last (8.5E suits me better I think), and a 41.5 in Vass F & U (F seems pretty big though).

What size should I be looking at on the 317 last? What profile of feet does the 317 last fit best i.e. instep, width?

There was a shoe size guide posted on SF a couple of months back. Members get to post the shoes and sizes they had experience with. What is the link please?

6. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

7. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Well-Known Member

To be honest, it seems you already have shoes of two different makers that don't properly fit yourself.
    Instead of searching for sizing help on the internet I would strongly advice you to go to a department store that offers C&J and to try out some lasts and different sizes.
    A pair of shoes which doesn't fit you properly but might even hurt your feet is a waste of materials and money.

8. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

+1, or take proper foot measurements and email the manufacturer or the retailer.

9. Ecstasy

Actually they all fit fine. The AE is slightly long but width is perfect. No heel slip since the low instep is holding my feet in place.
    Vass F fits perfectly after I place an insole. Nothing wrong with my 41.5 Vass U last. My feet aren't hurting at all.

I don't have any department stores that offer C&J in my country.

So I wonder what size I would be in the 317 last?

10. Ecstasy

Thanks. Who should I be emailing? Proper foot measurements would include which types?

11. green garden

green garden Well-Known Member

Handsome looking pair. Upper photo probably is more indicative of true color. Wear in good health.

12. BespokeKiwi

green garden, thanks for your positive words of encouragement.

--

P.S. I infer from your "green garden" handle/avatar and thoughtful good health remarks that you may be a fellow natural whole food enthusiast too.

Joining of the SF community and the renewed interest in my sartorial appearance again -- after straying from the path for over a decade -- is owing to a major transformation of my health and appearance in recent years, i.e. from obese/poor health back to normal BMI/good health.

The transformation was achieved by following a natural whole foods lifestyle (i.e. 80% plus raw vegan in my case) over the past four years. The joy I feel after finding my way back to a normal BMI and good health is now being celebrated with a new bespoke wardrobe reward to myself.

In any event, while the clothes may well "maketh the man", the man has to be alive and in good health to wear them to their sartorial best effect. Hence, your "good health" remark resonating with me. So, may you wear in good health too.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  13. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Well guys, I made up my mind, since Pediwear has Audley in stock in 6.5, I have ordered a pair plus another pair of Belgraves, wait till from 2 to 12 weeks since it's not in stock.

1 person likes this.
  14. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

Hi Crockett & Jones Is it possible to post a blog article about the different last comparisons, that would help us to determine the style to get. :)

15. green garden

BespokeKiwi, I can't take credit to the good health remark. That is actually something I picked up in SF, and is quite common amongst the members. However you are spot on with your observation of my handle. While we (family) do enjoy our meats, we do try to pursue a sustainable and organic menu. There is a garden in the backyard that gets busy when the weather permits. Congratulations in your journey towards regaining your health. It looks like you've gained the upper hand. And I shall hope to see more evidence of such as you show us how you reward and celebrate your wins through your sartorial choices!

16. green garden

+1 on the last compare. If possible using the venerable captoes please!

17. jmills

jmills Well-Known Member

Didn't you guys come across this on your SF travels?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  18. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. Cesare1970

Cesare1970 Active Member

Always appreciate the discussion about the various lasts. For me, being a very modest UK6-6.5, a more pointy last, like the 348 realy works. On handgrades this is more likely the 358. Got both.
    From the above picture, the 337 appears nice as well.

20. wurger

wurger Well-Known Member

I am not sure if they are the same size comparison...