1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

Allen Edmonds chili belts are almost identical in color to the Chestnut finish. The Wide Basic Dress belt is more casual than the name suggests. They also have some with brogueing on them, if you are into that.

2. Henkie

Henkie Active Member

I guess I live in a colder climate than you do, as I never wondered about something like that before...

3. theundeadkennedy

theundeadkennedy Well-Known Member

Thanks for guiding me to that. That color is a very nice match. I actually found a good belt for wearing with denim here

http://www.orionleathercompany.com/...ather-Belt-p/40mmshchsntdhobl7287nkscwpst.htm

When I'm reay for an alternative belt to use with chinos or other non denims I'll look back at the Allen Edmonds. Thanks again!

4. plato

plato Well-Known Member

A little Marlow appreciation. Pics are from the girlfriend's cousin's wedding a couple weekends back. One with flash, one without. Navy suit and Marlows for me, suede navy shoes and navy dress for the lady. Shoes stood up to all day abuse and polished up good as new afterward.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. eith

eith Member

Will be mid 90's and humid before long here in Atlanta

6. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

Dmitry, I wear the same size in both the 337 and 348 lasts.

However, the 348 last feels a little more narrow. As a result, some people might go up by half a size. For example, if you take a size 7 on the 337 last, you might wear a size 7.5 on the 348 last. This might not suit everyone, though, as the 348 last is also quite long and so going up half a size might make the shoes too long. It really depends upon what your particular feet are like as to whether the 348 last will suit you or not.

7. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

337 is perfect I can't wear 348 due to width

8. DmitryKP

DmitryKP Member

Thanks

9. DmitryKP

DmitryKP Member

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks[/FONT]

10. meister

meister Well-Known Member

Early 200os Polo RL Bentons by C&J

I have a few pairs of these that sold for around the USD500s MSRP from memory. They are supposed to be bench grade but seemed to be upspec'd to near hand grade with close channelled soles and fine leather. They are even a copy of a hand grade model - the Belgrave.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  11. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

C&J Eaton in snuff suede - just got these today.

1 person likes this.
  12. mxgreen

mxgreen Well-Known Member

I remember Rebel posting a few years ago that he had determined (I believe, after speaking with C&J) that the RL Bentons are rebadged Belgraves. That is, that they are handgrade.

13. meister

meister Well-Known Member

Thanks for that because they sure polish up like hand grades!

I have a pair of dub monks I paid a small fortune for in the same British tan colour and they are like handgrades as well.

I bought another pair of dub monks in a different size and I have had them recoloured to midbrown and the yellowish tan has bled through the brown dye nicely to give an antiqued red brown Italian look like Meccariellos etc.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  14. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Well-Known Member

Islays, then and now.

Before, fresh out of the box:

[​IMG]

Now, warm off my feet:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Ultimate boots. I want to grab a pair eventually.

16. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

Very nice. Those Blue Laces look pretty good. Where did you get them from?

17. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Well-Known Member

I got them from here, a treasure trove of all sorts of laces up in sunny Northumberland...

18. CandJONLINE

CandJONLINE Well-Known Member

Hi All,

All of our articles are directly related to Crockett & Jones and are either developments within the company or product related. Here are the last 3 news stories from Crockett & Jones.

4th April: http://www.crockettandjones.com/New...es-expands-its-Parisian-flagship#.UXpMRLXFV8E

11th April: http://www.crockettandjones.com/News/Index/The-Voice-of-Workmanship-III#.UXpMwLXFV8E

25th April: http://www.crockettandjones.com/News/Index/Suede-Chukka-Boots-from-Crockett-and-Jones#.UXpM2rXFV8E

There are many more that can be found here: http://www.crockettandjones.com/News

We have an ongoing list of articles that will be written in the future (Repair Process, Caring for different types of leather etc) but if any of you have any specific request, we'd be happy to consider them and add them to the list... PM me as they may not get picked up.

Enjoy the read!
    Crockett & Jones.

3 people like this.
  19. Ilovelobbs

Ilovelobbs Well-Known Member

Thank you CTB - this find will make my collection of black calf alot more fascinating in the office.

20. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

Thank you sir.