• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

heterophilous

Reaction score
There is no such a thing as an F size in the US market. Santonis are labeld according to US size standards and specifically the Limited Edition shoes are true to size. They are however about 1/2 a size larger than their regular line sold at many retailers in the US like Nordstrom. Santoni LE was a licsensed product in the US and the Manhattan NY (Madisn Ave.) store closed in Sep 2010. I acquired all their remaining size 13 and they are true to size. They are attemptting to come back to the market and buy their license from the current agent so they can conrtrol their stock and distribution better.
I am not sure why there will be such size discripancy within EU countries using what should be the same standards within minimal discripancy (Italian and English). Again, buy what fits your feet. Don't worry about what others wear and not wear. You all are making a big deal out of nothing. Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i never said that 'F' widths were made for the US market . . .

i was only concurring with isshinryu101's comment that UK sized, F-width, Santoni 'Fatte a Manos' made for the European market, run very large, and as a general rule of thumb i have found it best to size down 1.5 from one's US size . . .

in this sense, they are similar to tricker's on the 4444 last (in many persons' experience). i however, do concur with your thoughts on C&J sizing, as practically every last i've tried has resulted in me dropping down 1 full size from my Brannock 11D US measurements . . .

cheers as well, for the lovely collection of photos that you've posted on this site . . .

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sartorial, PLEASE post more of that fantastic Santoni COllection of yours!

isshinryu101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I will by the end of the day. I need to take better pictues in natural sun light.

Your photography skills are quite good. When taking pics of antiqued shoes, lighting is very important because too much makes the antiquing look overdone, and too little can hide it. Your other Santoni photos made my mouth water.

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Sartorial, PLEASE post more of that fantastic Santoni COllection of yours!

Here is a couple of Boots to start. Look at the patina on the second one.

Last edited:

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Your photography skills are quite good. When taking pics of antiqued shoes, lighting is very important because too much makes the antiquing look overdone, and too little can hide it. Your other Santoni photos made my mouth water.

Click pictures for larger image.

Some more. You've seen some of the fist few

Some monks

Some oxfords

details

Notice the side gusset on this monk.

Last edited:

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

These are FAM shoes, not LE, but are special in their own right.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, may I presume you are funded by the UN's international initiative to 'bail out' the upper end shoe making industry worldwide?

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

So, may I presume you are funded by the UN's international initiative to 'bail out' the upper end shoe making industry worldwide?

That is one way of looking at it. Happy to do my part to keep the wheels churnning!!!

Last edited:

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

those double monks are gorgeous

You should see them in person. In my opinion, they are the best monks ever made. The curves, lines, and waists are unusual on them. The closet I've seen to bespoke of any pair. These 3 monks above are teh most expensive shoes they ever offered and they made one in each size. Quite rare.

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should see them in person. In my opinion, they best monks ever made. The curves, lines, and waists are unusual on them. The closes I've seen to bespoke of any pair.

i can imagine, one of my favorite things about santoni is their medallions. so unique

Mr J

Reaction score
Those boots are something special. Very nice leather and fine details but very raw at the same time. Like them, would come handy during the swedish winter :)

Saratorial_Splender

Reaction score

Those boots are something special. Very nice leather and fine details but very raw at the same time. Like them, would come handy during the swedish winter  :)

Thank you. I enjoy them during the Colorado winter as well. Style and substance at the same time. It took me 3 years to get teh patina on them to look like this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads