1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Quik Rundown on Post-Christmas Sales in Manhattan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Dec 27, 2004.

1. NewYorkBuck

NewYorkBuck Well-Known Member

I live close to the Filene's Basement on 80th and Broadway. I go there every week or so on the way home from work to see if I stumble on any steals. Been doing this for about six months now. Alas, I have never seen any Oxxford suits there. Never. The best I have ever seen is Corneliani, which they have consistently. FWIW.

2. sashae

sashae Well-Known Member

Interesting. I've been to the one at Union Square numerous times, and have regularly seen Oxxford as well as Corneliani. There's definitely quality differences between the stores though. While I was in Los Angeles, the Loehmann's in Beverly Hills was *hugely* superior to the one in Costa Mesa, although neither tended to get a great deal of dress clothing. High end jeans, sure... but Kiton or Borrelli? Don't bank on it [​IMG] -s

3. mussel

mussel Well-Known Member

I saw those Kitons too and I had the exact same thought. I was surprised to find those Kitons there, I mean usually they're the first to go especially at $1050 and they're all with superb fabric, very nice color and pattern, and popular sizes (40's R not 36S or 52L). I don't remember seeing them early in the sales, they must have added them toward the end. If they were my size, I'd have snatched them all up and have PB & J sandwiches for the rest of the year.

4. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Well-Known Member

Hermes sales

Tinker Auditorium at the French Institute 55 E 59th St.

Thur. March 10: 10am-8pm
    Fri. March 11: 10am-6pm
    Sat. March 12: 10am-4pm

Credit Cards Only

5. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Well-Known Member

I went to Hermes sales yesterday. No ties, shoes or belts were on sales. Mostly 40-60% off shirts, sweaters, sport coats, pants & suits. For example shirts marked down from $350 to $210, leather jacket $3000 down to $1200. Suits were grossly overpriced, originally $3000-5000 now $1800-3000.

If you happen to be in the neighborhood, it doesn't hurt to check it out. Otherwise, it's not worth a trip.