1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by scnupe7, Jan 23, 2003.

1. scnupe7

scnupe7 Well-Known Member

I happen to be single and can pretty much spend my disposable income anyway I choose. I was wondering about the members here who are married. Do your wives have a problem with your shopping habits or are their's just as bad? Just curious.

2. Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

All I can tell you son, (grin) is buy all your toys BEFORE you get married. Really, my wife is pretty cool, and she likes the way I look when I buy a new Corneliani and pair it with a Dunhill tie, Omega watch and C&J hand grade shoes, but I make sure to point out that I bought everything at a huge discount.

It also helps if I buy her something now and again. For our fifth anniversary a few months back I took her yellow gold diamond wedding set and had it recast in the more fashionable white gold which shows off the 1-carot diamond. I earned so much good will with that that I was able to pick up 2 watches, 2 new pair of shoes and a dbl-breasted Canali pinstipe suit and she didn't even protest.

But in general, I find it healthier if I don't discuss all my purchases with her. The way I see it, she has her credit card, I have mine. She spends her money as she wishes, I spend mine as I wish.