1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

question about liverano cut

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by smartcashmere, Jun 8, 2009.

1. smartcashmere

smartcashmere Member

from sleevehead's blog...

It is essentially a Neapolitan cut less the shoulder extension and front drape (Apparently, this is a cut that would fall under the Blasi school of Neapolitan tailoring). The shoulder has no padding, the front quarters are highly open (perhaps the most cutaway I've seen anywhere) and designed to show the trouser pleats. The chest features a single chest dart. The jacket was cut on the shorter side and essentially everything is handsewn except the center back seam.

What is the effect on this on the overall silhouette. Does this make it closer to a sack suit, closer to the Neapolitan jacket with very suppressed waist (observation based on a fred astaire pic which may not be true for all), or in the middle? Would you say this cut would be more fitting to an athletic body type than the milanese since it more naturally shouldered?perhaps i should really try it on myself, which is what i intend to do, but some extra opinions/ info would be helpful.

2. mfais

mfais Well-Known Member