1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Question about Levi's 511 and 514

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AtLeastITried, Aug 6, 2008.

1. finnegan

finnegan Active Member

Tumbled Rigid 514s stretch a lot. I sized down one. For what it's worth, my 32s measure 8.5 at the knee and 8.5 at the hem.

2. Johnathan

Johnathan Well-Known Member

Tumbled Rigid 514s stretch a lot. I sized down one. For what it's worth, my 32s measure 8.5 at the knee and 8.5 at the hem.
    Same here. I wish they were tapered a little, to be honest.

3. acconrad

acconrad Well-Known Member

yeah thick thighs means huge leg holes, which kinda sucks. i wish the 511s werent so balls-ass tight, so i could get the benefits of the taper without the restriction of blood in the thigh region

4. allcapitan

allcapitan Well-Known Member

Yes, 511's are definitely slimmer.

514 for those with thicker thighs, definitely.

5. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I went to UO a couple days ago but they never have those [​IMG] All they have is the stupid spandex looking 510's. Can't order online since I'm in Canada and shipping is insane.

Go into the store and tell them you don't have access to a computer outside of school, or something. They'll want to sell you the item, the only way they can't sell it to you is if it is an online exclusive. I would think they'd be more than will to order them for you. Most stores can do this if they are out of your size etc.

6. yoshii

yoshii Well-Known Member

I've got a pair of 511's and they're labelled as "Slim Straight" (doubt they'd bother re-labelling them for a different region as i'm down here in Australia?)

They've also stretched at least an inch in the waist, making it a little looser & more comfy but with an unsightly diaper ass LOL (probably since it has like 2% spandex i think?)...something to maybe keep in mind.

7. Cas Ruffin

Cas Ruffin Well-Known Member

All this talk about 510s, how the heck and why the heck would wanna go skinnier than 511s?

8. aqhong

aqhong Well-Known Member

9. phildo

phildo Well-Known Member

All this talk about 510s, how the heck and why the heck would wanna go skinnier than 511s?
    I was looking for a white pair of jeans and tried on a pair of 510's because I hadn't tried them on before. They were like spandex and you could see my dick through the jeans lolz.

10. wabbit

wabbit Member

How do you guys size these against each other? I have some 514's in a 28" waist and they fit well. Perfect at the waist, and pretty slim through the thigh. I tried on a pair of 511's in a 29" waist and was about 2" away from buttoning them. Gave the 31" a try, and they fit at the waist, but are really baggy down to the knee. It seems like the waist is 2" too small in the 511's... which wouldn't be a problem, except the rest of the jean is true to size. [​IMG]

11. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Well-Known Member

514s all the way with bigger quads. I swear, the only people who can wear 511s need to fucking eat a sandwich or 20. Underweight, scrawny bastards... [​IMG]

12. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Well-Known Member

i wear 511's and im definitely not "scrawny". i weigh 160 and am 5'8.5 and my thighs are decent size because of swimming. they still are not tight on my nuts nor my legs and fit perfectly, 514 fit very awkwardly.

13. Deluks917

Deluks917 Well-Known Member

My abs are protected right now. My 514's fit if i size up 1. My 511's fit if I size up 3.

14. Fat-Elvis

Fat-Elvis Well-Known Member

i wear 511's and im definitely not "scrawny". i weigh 160 and am 5'8.5 and my thighs are decent size because of swimming. they still are not tight on my nuts nor my legs and fit perfectly, 514 fit very awkwardly.

Define "awkwardly". If a pair of 514s are too loose for you, you're definitely at least approaching scrawny. I'm no taller than you and weigh a fit 175, and even after sizing up one in the 514s they're still pretty damn tight.

15. mulansauce

mulansauce Well-Known Member

Define "awkwardly". If a pair of 514s are too loose for you, you're definitely at least approaching scrawny. I'm no taller than you and weigh a fit 175, and even after sizing up one in the 514s they're still pretty damn tight.
    He is normal. At 5'8" and 175, unless you are obscenely muscled and have next to no body fat, you are overweight.

16. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Well-Known Member

If you size up, you get an even more tapered (the leg opening is like 6.25 or something) look without subsequent ballcrush.

17. porschemad911

porschemad911 Well-Known Member

This is true! Especially if you wear boxers rather than briefs ... the 511 is the pair of pants that made me switch to briefs, to avoid being squished in rather weird and uncomfortable ways and directions!

the difference between 511 and 514 denim models is the 511 and 510 are for people who prefer to choke their balls, whereas the 514 is roomy enough to prevent such a tragedy from happening.

18. JasonHe

JasonHe Active Member

Go the 511's, i tried em on today and i have rather large thighs too, they fit nicely, good stacking and all, if you don't like the length you can always atlerate them, also 511 is tapered, dont go boot cut, thats old school

19. Listi

Listi Well-Known Member

If you size up, you get an even more tapered (the leg opening is like 6.25 or something) look without subsequent ballcrush.
    Yeah, I wear 28w 511, and 30w 510. But if you don't have skinny legs, you probably shouldn't be wearing 511 or 510s. Sized up slightly 511's might work if you want a smaller leg opening than 514's. Definitely no bootcut.

20. Liquidus

Liquidus Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the "wedgie" in the back problem with the Levi 514? The back rise seems a normal length, so I am wondering if the short front rise is causing the back to pull forward when I wear them.