1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Quality mid-range shoes in Australia

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by calogero, Feb 3, 2012.

1. calogero

calogero Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Any suggestions for quality mid-range men's shoe brands available in Australia? I'd be willing to spend around $400 per pair.

Hit me up!

2. Deapht

Deapht Well-Known Member

3. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

Where are you located? It will be easier to give suggestions if people know where you are based.

For boots - elastic-sided and jodhpur boots, at least - RM Williams really cannot be beaten.

For some other choices, you can have a look at my rather Brisbane-biased post in the "Australian Members" thread - click here.

There's a bit of other discussion in the Oz Member's thread, too, so it's often worth dipping your toe into the thread and having a look to see whether anyone's posted anything relevant recently.

Unfortunately, however, in relation to your original question, there's really not a great deal around that is reasonably priced in terms of dress shoes in Australia. Aquila are awful, most of the stuff in DJs is awful, all of the stuff in Myer is abominable, and they are pretty much all overpriced in terms of their quality, as a lot of the shoes are made from cheap leather, with fabric (not leather) linings, and glued (instead of stitched) soles.