1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Get the 34. Thighs won't stretch out

1 person likes this.
  2. matt1985

matt1985 Well-Known Member

Agree, get the 34. I made the mistake of getting a size 32 in the hopes the thighs would stretch out on my XX-18oz-015. Although I can wear them fine, I do regret not getting the 33's

1 person likes this.
  3. gambit402

gambit402 Well-Known Member

Ordered the xx-012 in 34 one washed. Also ordered the nc-xx-011 black. I think I'm going 33 on that as it looks like it runs a tad bigger than the 012s from my limited research.

4. gambit402

Got the xx-012 in today And they fit great. Thought I would have a little trouble getting em on but I got a little thought stretch and all is good. Great fit and SLUBBY!

5. gambit402

Fit pic of the XX-012...not the best pic, but the fit is pretty good I think. Thoughts?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

Looks good to me. Mine are a bit slimmer than yours but that's just personal preference. I have the same boots and jeans lol. I also recently picked up the AI-003 while I was in Tokyo.

7. gambit402

Thanks! Your pic was the reason I've been seeking out these jeans! Tokyo must've been awesome. I'd die from mercury poisoning from all the sushi I'd eat.

Edit: I just looked up the AI-003 and holy shit are they stunning. Not sure if it was your mini review I read on Reddit, but the fit pics and details are gorgeous.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  8. Grintricha

Grintricha Well-Known Member

Hi, I really like my pbj t-shirt, and am considering getting some more bits, but I'm put off by the hand wash only instruction.

I've heard some say don't worry about it, they are being over cautious, don't tumble dry but you can machine wash at 30

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Richard

9. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just got my PBJ deep indigo jacket in the mail. Absolutely love it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

10. dinfinite

dinfinite Member

Hi guys I'm new to the denim community and new to the whole denim game. I bought my first pair of pbj xx-007 ( raw ) in a size 31 from BiG and they're too tight on the waist everything else fits fine. I just can't button the top button. So I'm gonna return them to BiG.

I was wondering if you guys can help me out picking the correct size. I measured my own pair of jeans that fit comfortable and my waist measures at 17.5 but those jeans fit slightly lose on me, about .75 of an inch. So i'm guessing my true waist size would be 16.75?
    Now should I get the xx-007's O/W in a size 33? Or a 32 O/W and stretch them out?
    I hear people say pbj's stretch out a lot so I was kind of skeptic on getting the 33's...

I'm sorry if I sound confusing lol
    Thanks guys!!!

11. El Argentino

17.5? Get the 33, and appreciate the room. Won't stretch too bad if belted

1 person likes this.
  12. dinfinite

dinfinite Member

Sorry I meant to say I'm a 35 in my own jeans which are an inch loose in the waist. So I guess that would make me a 34 waist size.
    Ok 33 sounds good!! Thanks for the help man! [​IMG]

13. El Argentino

Well, then I'd get the 34.

14. dinfinite

dinfinite Member

Just called BiG and they don't have the xx-007's in 34 in stock not even 33's. They told me they won't stock up till spring. [​IMG]

15. El Argentino

Blue Owl Workshop - former SF affiliate - just started stocking PBJ. Give their site a look, and if it's not up yet, then call their B&M store. They will hook you up; great customer service, and cant recommend them more highly.

1 person likes this.
  16. Mon Dieu

Mon Dieu Well-Known Member

+1 Great people to deal with.......

17. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

Mild Blend Supply in Chicago also started carrying PBJ recently. they've got 2 models on their site

18. dinfinite

dinfinite Member

I appreciate the recommendations guys. Called both shops and they don't have them in stock.
    Blue Owl is getting a shipment of pbjs next week and they're getting a variety of models but none of them are the xx-007.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  19. dinfinite

dinfinite Member

Blue Owl Workshop will be stocking the xx-012.. Contemplating on getting them. Does the leg opening shrink a lot after wash?

20. Nicholo P

Nicholo P Member

I just picked up a pair of the 18oz unsanforized, in the slim taper cut. Had them hem it to 32.5 inseam. It didn't shrink as much as I anticipated after the soaks! Oh well. I might also get the opening tapered by a seamstress.

This is my first time trying on a very loose weave, and I have to say it feels quite different. Almost a stretchy feel to it. I have the deep indigo from PBJ which is at 14oz, yet the 18oz feels "easier".

When I was in the store, it was a toss up between the ONI 517xx and these guys. Those ONI's were quite amazing, and at $100 less! Only thing was that the crotch seemed to bulge out quite a bit.