1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pure Blue Japan (Denim) - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

What did you decide eventually??:)

My PBJ purple face are holding up really - pretty sure they'll make 2 years![​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  2. sillyboybmxer

sillyboybmxer Well-Known Member

havent decided anything yet.

3. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

I could have chosen another 5 pairs by now!!!:)

4. xdawes23

xdawes23 Well-Known Member

So I'm going to go try on a pair of xx-007 and xx-010 both unsanforized and slim straight.

The general consensus seems to be get the thigh measurements right. After initial soaks I should expect roughly -1" in the waist, -1.25" for the inseam, -0.5" in the thighs, -0.3" for the knee/leg opening. Thighs don't stretch much, but the waist will.

That being said. If it fits well at the store, should I size up to compensate for shrinkage?

5. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Yes, if the thighs are tight, unless you're a twig!![​IMG][​IMG]

6. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

H
    having moved on a slew of SF-denim in my day, I would size up on unsanforized pairs if they already fit you "well"

1 person likes this.
  7. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Take his advice!!

He's more experienced than me, as my Pure Blue Japan jeans are one wash![​IMG]

8. xdawes23

xdawes23 Well-Known Member

So I tried on unsanforized XX-007 size 32's and it was a bit tight in the thighs. The 33's were better, but the waist was too big. In conclusion, my thunder thighs are too big for the 'slim straight' fit. I figure I need some more room in the top block like my Momotaro 0201.

It looks like the XX-009 is exactly the same as the XX-007, but in 'regular straight' fit with a roomier thigh. I may have to order online through Blueingreen and sanforized versions so that I don't have to deal with shrinkage, but I have to take the tradeoff for stretching.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
  9. El Argentino

In case you haven't seen, I've B/S'd a pair of xx009s in a tagged 33 (ad in my sig). If you want a low-cost way of trying out the denim, pm me and let's talk.

10. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

The zip has busted on my PBJ 1069-2-PP purple face skinnies- why don't thet use button fly, so I'll replace it as the jeans still have lots of wear in them (bought December 2012!)

11. auto-bite

auto-bite Well-Known Member

3 weeks ago I was in Tokyo and stopped by the PBJ Harajuku store. I decide to purchase my first pair of japanese denim. I originally wanted a pair of the xx013 but they didn't have my size so opted for a pair of the sanforized xx015. First question is, are these the same fit as the xx013? It says its cigarette slim which I dont know that means. Second, I wear a 30 in APC PS but the lady at the shop told me to get a 31 since the 31 fit pretty snug on me. After a 1 hour warm soak I have been wearing them everyday for the past 3 weeks. I've noticed that the waist stretched out a lot and the leg opening is a bit too wide for my liking. will a hot soak shrink both the waist and the leg opening or should I solve the leg opening problem by sending it to the tailor to taper them? Already got them hemmed by a tailor the store recommended next door who did a chain stitch hem.

12. Mistral

Mistral Well-Known Member

Edit: Load of crap here, because I didn't read correct.

The cigarette slim is a different cut. Higher rise, somewhat straight slim cut. The XX-013 is a slim tapered cut. Lower rise opposed to the XX-015 and a taper from knee down.

A soak or wash will get everything back into "when new" status, might be that there will be some residual shrinkage, but don't expect much (this due to the industrial laundering process).

So the only way to make the hems smaller, is indeed to taper them. Make sure they do it from the inseam, else your selvage ID might get hurt in the process.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2014
  13. auto-bite

auto-bite Well-Known Member

Dang it. I guess I'm stuck with this pair though. Any way to shrink the leg opening or should I just get it tapered?

14. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member

January 2010: PBJ xx-005 one wash, size 31, no alterations. I'm 5'11" and 155lb.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

October 2014: inseam hemmed to 32" and legs tapered from knee down to 7.25" opening at hem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. El Argentino

16. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

+1

They look great![​IMG]

17. jfclark

jfclark Member

I'm looking for a pair of xx-007s and have a sizing question. I have a true waist of 35 in but have fairly skinny thighs and am probably looking for a final upper thigh of 12 inches. Should i get a raw 33 or 34? BiG lists 33 ow as having a waist of 33 and upper thigh of 11.75 -- will that stretch to what i am looking for (35 waist 12 upper thigh) or should i go for the 34 waist to play it safe? I am looking for a slim look but dont want them to be uncomfortably tight. For reference purposes, I have a pair of momotaro 705s (size 32) which have a 34 waist and 11.5 thigh, which are uncomfortably tight, mainly in the upper block.

Thanks for any advice!

18. El Argentino

Don't do the 33. Same size as you, had to sell.

19. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Agreed!

PBJ are great jeans-my purple face 1069-2-PP jeans are still going strong!

Make sure you get the right size!

20. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

Here they are:[​IMG]