• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Peal & Co suede shoes and chelseas

Jim Barns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
damn, Im not a chelsea boot kind of guy but thats a great price. Are they tts?

Me neither, so I will pass, but have fun guys and don't forget to go bragging in the bragging thread when you get something from there.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As expected, the shoe sold out after I had paid and received a confirmation email. They never even sent an email. I had to call them this morning to find out.

Having expected this, I made it a point to call BB every day for the past week and document each response (I wasnt going to take "sorry" for an answer as I had the previous 5 times). So each time I called, I asked them for the order status and each time they reaffirmed to me that I had nothing to worry about since the item was reserved. I have about 2 pages of documentation of my efforts and the names and replies of all the BB customer reps who "helped me."

So this morning, I ranted for 10 minutes and was able to get the employee to offer me a shoe at the same discount; ~60%. I still want a suede shoe, so does anyone have any experience with the suede LW made by C&J? Does it fit tts? The review on the website mentioned that the heel is too large. I would consider the Duckie Cordo LW but am unsure if they would allow such a discount on a cordovan product

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As expected, the shoe sold out after I had paid and received a confirmation email. They never even sent an email. I had to call them this morning to find out.

Having expected this, I made it a point to call BB every day for the past week and document each response (I wasnt going to take "sorry" for an answer as I had the previous 5 times). So each time I called, I asked them for the order status and each time they reaffirmed to me that I had nothing to worry about since the item was reserved. I have about 2 pages of documentation of my efforts and the names and replies of all the BB customer reps who "helped me."

So this morning, I ranted for 10 minutes and was able to get the employee to offer me a shoe at the same discount; ~60%. I still want a suede shoe, so does anyone have any experience with the suede LW made by C&J? Does it fit tts? The review on the website mentioned that the heel is too large. I would consider the Duckie Cordo LW but am unsure if they would allow such a discount on a cordovan product

You have too much time on your hands.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
You have too much time on your hands.

its personal with BB
fight[1].gif

Jack2000

Reaction score

I think the suede long wings are made by Sargent if it matters too you.

Earlbiggs

Reaction score
I have to say that I had a pleasant experience with BB customer svc; I purchased the suedes and used the discount code that was available... After getting the confirm that the shoes had shipped, I realized that I had a credit available, so, I emailed cust. svc and got a quick response stating that they would honor the credit. Second email shows the adjustment to the order itself, shipping cost and taxes.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jack2000
I think the suede long wings are made by Sargent if it matters too you.

Are you sure of that? Did you see the suede long wings in person?

Edit: I just looked, they posted more pictures,you might be right.

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are AS. I am "sure of that" and have seen them in person.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nmprisons
They are AS. I am "sure of that" and have seen them in person.

What last are they made on? 89?

Jack2000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
Are you sure of that? Did you see the suede long wings in person? Edit: I just looked, they posted more pictures,you might be right.
No-not 100 percent, but I have a suede peal & Co shoe with the same sole that is made by Sargent and I know Sargent makes (or used too make) a suede long wing and I don't think I have seen one from C&J. Either way it is a sweet shoe, especially at 60 percent off.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they fit tts? I am leaning toward sizing down a half size..

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Last number should be written inside the shoe.

Ordered early Friday morning and the order is still open, "In stock and reserved," and has not shipped. That's four business days. Seems like I must be in line for a return.

juliank

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I received my chelseas. Far nicer than they looked in the pic. Less dark than they appeared on my monitor -- they're dark, but they have a nice warmth to them. I like the color much more than my RM Williams.

Definite keepers for me.

I am assuming you bought them in brown ? I didn't get the brown because the photos made them look too dark for me; I prefer a lighter tan color. Also would love to see a pic. Should be getting my black ones on Sat according to Fed ex.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads