1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

PSA: great deals on Boglioli

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Cid, May 18, 2011.

1. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Well-Known Member

2. joonian

joonian Well-Known Member

Yes. The true three-buttons are cut with a relatively high gorge, it's very distinct from the three-roll-twos. Boglioli sizing is pretty inconsistent... you need a bit of luck! I find that they are a hair too short for me, plus a few other issues. Plus I am trying to focus on bespoke now.

3. Needsmoreshoes

Needsmoreshoes Well-Known Member

I find there's a horrible degree of cognitive dissonance with buying their stuff - their site makes their stuff look so great, as do so many of the #menswear crowd's pics but then you see their merchandise on Yoox and the like and it just doesn't look right at all and it really puts me off buying it as I've got no idea if it'll arrive and look horribly cheap

4. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

I was wondering that too. The fact that they button all 3 buttons makes it tough to figure out what's really going on.

5. joonian

joonian Well-Known Member

Boglioli is high quality... it's just that Yoox and other discount retailers aren't putting enough into their lighting rigs to photograph the stuff properly.

6. sullivan025

sullivan025 Well-Known Member

Bogliolo is one of the finest and Mr. Porter has it online as well.

7. reidrothchild

reidrothchild Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  8. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

Couldn't find anything I liked.. Thanks for the info though.

9. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Well-Known Member

Just a heads up.

The jacket arrived and it's a definite 3/2 roll. The photos are very misleading.

Phenomenal value for the wool jackets. Have ordered a couple more. Functional cuffs so beware of sleeve alterations on check patterns.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  10. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is that many of them are 3-roll-2, but they insist on buttoning the top button. It was never designed to be buttoned, and it causes the whole thing to sit funny.

11. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

12. Fiddler

Fiddler Well-Known Member

Got 2 Boglioli jackets recently, both 2 button...they fit better than my tailored linen jacket which cost a hell of a lot more.

I sized up from 54 to 56 and can confirm that this is the way to go. They may fit TTS if you are built like Adrien Brody (which I'm definitely not).

3 different seems very legit...they are just a bit slow (thorough?). Also, they used the cheapest possible shipping via UPS which means it took 9 days for my stuff to arrive. But Im happy to have my stuff and that it fits. A seriously good value.