1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

PSA: Drakes Sale has started early

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Threadbearer, Jan 16, 2012.

1. n-domino

n-domino Well-Known Member

I live in the US and it usually takes anywhere from 1-1.5 weeks.

2. sridhar3

sridhar3 Well-Known Member

I guess there are no unicorns left.

I'm trying *so* hard not to buy all the grenadines and wovens in sight.

3. Swede66

Swede66 Well-Known Member

Just placed an order on two ties and a cashmere scarf. So easy to fall in the trap to "buy the price tag rather than the product" on sales. I hop I did not fall into that trap with my purchase today...

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  4. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

Ditto.

There were about 3-4 ties I liked, but none were still in stock by the time I had a chance to look at the site yesterday afteroon. There were a lot of very 30s/70s-influenced ties still remaining (40-year fashion cycle? :) ), none of which were my cup of tea at all. Quite a few nice squares were still around though, so I got 3. One of tigers (I love their somewhat cross-eyed and a bit gormless expressions), and a couple of the ring/medallion styled ones.

Discount level was modest, but did prompt me to get them, so I suppose it was good enough.

I would agree with ETF upthread about it being nicer when you could be confident that certain key items would not go on sale, so you didn't second-guess buying them at other times. I think this still holds true for their solid colour grenadines & knits (I have a couple of the former). But I think he's right that it used to apply to the cashmeres, and now I don't think that's the case anymore. But I can be very Scroogey at times, so I suppose I should just loosen up.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013