1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

PSA- 200+ pairs of Zegna by Incotex, Mabitex, Incotex @ Daffys Madison ave.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Steven Aver, Feb 23, 2009.

1. AnGeLiCbOrIs

AnGeLiCbOrIs Well-Known Member

Was just in Manhasset. Met Suitingstyle there. There are a few pairs of Incotex and lots of Mabitex remaining. Also some of those "Truzzi Factory"[​IMG] shirts.

I didn't buy anything.

2. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

I wonder if you guys had as mixed luck with what you bought as I did. Fit was all over the place. I'll end up with some very nice ones, but a few were just too slim or too low rise for me...

3. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Well-Known Member

Was just in Manhasset. Met Suitingstyle there. There are a few pairs of Incotex and lots of Mabitex remaining. Also some of those "Truzzi Factory"[​IMG] shirts.

I didn't buy anything.

nice meeting you too, certainly didn't expect to meet a fellow styleforum member at this time of the day. Hope u did manage to pick up a few pair.......

4. 95///M3

95///M3 Well-Known Member

Ton of pants in 32 and up at the 57th and Lex store. Didn't buy anything, but there are A LOT there as of 6PM.

5. jcc123

jcc123 Well-Known Member

Ton of pants in 32 and up at the 57th and Lex store. Didn't buy anything, but there are A LOT there as of 6PM.

Someone was there earlier and said they didn't see any. Did they just get those in?

6. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Well-Known Member

Someone was there earlier and said they didn't see any. Did they just get those in?

or perhaps they are the returns from the guy who grabed everything this morning @ the Madison store [​IMG]

7. 95///M3

95///M3 Well-Known Member

I would say there were over 200 pairs. Nothing was that interesting to me however, and I only found a few in 30. Zegna wools were priced at 49.99. Mabitex, incotex, incotex shorts, lots.

8. Steven Aver

Steven Aver Well-Known Member

I would say there were over 200 pairs. Nothing was that interesting to me however, and I only found a few in 30. Zegna wools were priced at 49.99. Mabitex, incotex, incotex shorts, lots.

Now this thread is getting good. Glad to see other members sharing info.

9. constant struggle

constant struggle Well-Known Member

seems they marked up the mabitex higher than the incotex

10. JSC437

JSC437 Well-Known Member

I wonder if you guys had as mixed luck with what you bought as I did. Fit was all over the place. I'll end up with some very nice ones, but a few were just too slim or too low rise for me...

I got some Zegna pants in 34 and i find them to be a little snug. Maybe i need to get rid of my winter weight. But for the price, the pants are a great value.

Question.... do Incotex pants all have wide legs (i dont know the terminology for leg width)?

Do they make a slim-fit pant? The Incotex pants i saw at Daffy's all were rather wide legged.

11. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

seems they marked up the mabitex higher than the incotex

The Mabitex that I saw also didn't have the labels cut out; perhaps that is why they were being sold for substanitally more than the incotex.

12. constant struggle

some have labels out... some don't

13. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

14. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Well-Known Member

You can return these pants, correct? Five of the eight I got didn't work for me and I don't know if I feel like getting involved in the chaos in the B & S forum. They are decent colors & fits so maybe I"ll give it a shot.. I don't know. When You start working 60+ hours a week this extra shit just stresses you out. My obsession with clothing is really starting to wear on my life. I think I need to kop some forum special R. Williams with birthday money maybe use some Gilt credit and call it a month (for March).

15. constant struggle

16. KaiserSose

KaiserSose Well-Known Member

have 14 days to return

Thought so.

17. mack11211

mack11211 Well-Known Member

FWIW, V-O is a Mabitex brand, according to the Dictionary of Italian Fashion. They used to have wacky styling but lately they've cleaned it up. For casual trousers in cotton, I think they're as good as Incotex. Daffy's does overstocks, closeouts, etc. They just want to move the stuff. Finer points of pricing do not interest them, unless their managers report that mass purchases of pants suggest they are giving the stuff away... The volume of quality closeouts this year may be a result of the slowdown in demand from regular retail outlets. Just speculation; perhaps someone more 'inside' can confirm. Regarding neutrals vs colors: Neutrals sell out quickly because they are good for business and ordinary casual dress by ordinary men. Only dandies and flamers go for the colors [​IMG] I myself now have casual trousers in more colors than you'd find in a gumball machine. The colors are most likely to linger on the racks and be discounted later in the season.

18. merkur

merkur Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  19. bigbris1

bigbris1 Well-Known Member

Only dandies and flamers go for the colors [​IMG] I myself now have casual trousers in more colors than you'd find in a gumball machine.

And I wish the name Pink Pantster wasn't already taken.

20. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

I was at the Daffy's on Broadway in Financial District this last Sunday and they didn't have HUGE amounts of Inco and Mabitex, they had probably about 30-40 or so pairs (mostly cotton/linen with a couple of wools sprinkled, saw a fun red and an orange pair of cottons at size 34). I'm not sure if they've received an updated shipment since then so I will try to check it out tonight and let you guys know.