1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Protein Bars: What do like?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Soph, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Soph

Soph Well-Known Member

I'm on the go many times and always on the search for new protein bars, whatta U like?[​IMG]

2. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Oat-Rageous, chocolate coconut flavor

3. Chicago

Chicago Active Member

Specifically protein bars, or energy bars? If the latter my favorite is the Cliff Bar. I also love the Nature Valley granola bars, they provide a good amount of energy, and taste pretty damn good.

4. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

For Protein, I like Clif Builder's Bar. For a time EAS had a bar (Phosphagain, iirc) that tasted great, but that was years ago, and I gave it up when I started running.

For Energy, I like Clif - almost any flavor will do.
    Also Odwalla Cranberry C Monster is good for a change of pace. Their Chocolate/Peanut is great as well.

5. odoreater

odoreater Well-Known Member

My two favorite protein bars are Powerbar ProteinPlus Chocolate Peanut Butter, and Pure Protein Strawberry Shortcake.

Of course, the purists will tell you that protein bars are nothing but glorified candy bars and that to get a really good healthy protein bar without all of the added sugar and other bad stuff you should make your own:

Protein Bar Recipies

6. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

7. KingKongLives

KingKongLives Active Member

promax bars taste really good... nutritionally probably not the best though.

8. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Well-Known Member

Cliff Bars keep you going like no other.

9. AP87

AP87 New Member

Clif Bars are great. For just a snack I like Lara Bars. It's raw (uncooked, unprocessed) ingredients and I haven't met a flavor I didn't like. [​IMG]

Angelo

10. Spencer Young

Spencer Young Well-Known Member

Clif Bars are good... Clif Nectar Bars are divine. How could something like five ingredients taste so good?

11. william

william Well-Known Member

12. hanker565

hanker565 Well-Known Member

Detour bars are the best tasting bars I've had. These days I've just been mixing unflavored whey isolate into OJ.

13. ts4them

ts4them Well-Known Member

i like zone perfect, they aren't all gross and pasty like some.

14. savage_here

savage_here Active Member

I'm a big chocolate fan, so my two favorites are Met-Rx Protein Plus Chocolate Chocolate Chunk and Chocolate Fudge Deluxe. 320 calories, 34g protein.

Most of the so-called protein bars have very little protein (i.e. less than 10 grams).

15. gamelan

gamelan Well-Known Member

Tiger.

much better tasting than Clif or Power but also probably not as nutritious since it tastes so good. it'd be great for an endurance activity where you're going to be losing a lot of calories a day like hiking or backpacking. probably too heavy for runners doing marathons though.

there's always Ultralight Joe's Moose Goo: http://www.ultralightbackpacker.com/....html#MooseGoo

-Jeff

16. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Well-Known Member

fav. protein bar : chef Jay's Trioplex peanut butter chocolate

on the same note : fav. protein shake - Cytosport muscle milk chocolate milk