1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Proper around the ankle fitment for a laced up boot

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GlennP, Oct 8, 2015.

1. GlennP

GlennP New Member

I recently got a pair of C&J Northcotes, and they are gorgeous. I wear my pants with little/no break which makes this area visible occasionally while cross legged, so I'm having a slight issue I think.

I have chicken legs and ankles, so fully laced there's still a gap around the top. Comfort wise, this is not a bother at all. Is this a huge faux-pas though? Is this supposed to be this way, per the design, or is it 100% poor fit? I guess the final question is; can a "real" cobbler like B. Nelson take this area in to fit my ankle better?

Also, I presume low socks or discreet dark socks are better for a boot of this nature; am I correct in that thought?

Thanks guys!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  2. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

They are boots. Wear whatever socks you want to. Colorful. Brown. Short. Calf length. Etc. There is no "better" choice.

Re the gap..if there is no issue comfort wise, leave them as they are. Why pay to have them adjusted if there is no comfort issue?

Also, men cross their legs. Socks are exposed. It happens. Don't overthink this.