1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Product to keep white shoes clean

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by vincent, Jun 25, 2008.

1. vincent

vincent Well-Known Member

Hey,

What a product do you suggest to keep white sneakers clean and maintain the bright white?

Thanks

2. hi-val

hi-val Well-Known Member

If they're canvas, then the combination of bleach + washing machine is unbeatable.

3. j

j Well-Known Member

I used to repaint my Stan Smiths with that white nurse shoe paint from Kiwi, but it has a matte finish so it wouldn't work on the normal finish leather of most non-sport sneakers. No idea on those ones.

4. TransparentCranium

TransparentCranium Well-Known Member

mr clean magic eraser works. scrubbing plus + acetone works too.

5. Bradford

Bradford Well-Known Member

The White Touch Up Paint from Shoe M-G-K works really well on sneakers.

http://shoemgk.com/index.htm

Also, the cleaner/conditioner product is great for all types of leather shoes, from casual to formal.

6. pkjay

pkjay Active Member

I've had pretty good success with jason markk shoe cleaner. It's a bit pricey though

7. vincent

vincent Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot guys....

Yea I bought stan smith slim adidas sneakers and I am looking to keep them looking white, which isn t easy when living in NYC

8. MonkeyFresh

MonkeyFresh Well-Known Member

I've had pretty good success with jason markk shoe cleaner. It's a bit pricey though

second on the jason markks, its amazing i swear by this stuff
    i have about 30+ pairs of sneakers, this stuff has never failed me yet
    if ur gonna use it on suede tho, buy the soft bristle brush, it works like a charm [​IMG]
    but with smooth leather the regular bristle will do
    also the magic eraser is nice, but be careful it is strong enough to remove the paint from the leather so dont rub too much or too hard
    same with acetone, it will eat the finish and paint, dont use very often only on really bad stains (it works fairly well on indigo stains too but like i said be careful)

9. braidkid

braidkid Well-Known Member

white sneaks shouldn't be clean.

10. erdawe

erdawe Well-Known Member

I think the 'fresher' image of clean white sneaks have thier place with certain outfits over a grungy worn-in pair.

11. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

I throw my canvas, nylon or leather sneakers in the wash in cold water and air dry them. I sometimes add a little bleach. They look great!

12. anonymouz

anonymouz Well-Known Member

Go get the waterproof sneaker protector from footlocker (or footaction, finishline, etc) and spray your shoes before you wear them (including the soles). Then whenever it gets dirty, use mr. clean's magic eraser.

13. Mrs. Savage

Mrs. Savage Well-Known Member

+1
    The Jason Mark premium show cleaner works amazingly!