1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Problem with shirt's armhole, too tight

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by FCS, Mar 8, 2004.

1. FCS

FCS Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the problem is with one of my custom shirt, but the armhole (area) is too tight and doesn't allow much movement for my arm. The shoulder is bigger than my natural shoulder and the height of the armhole is no different than my other comfortable shirt. Any diagnosis?

2. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering whether it is the fault of the stitching at the seams. Sometimes you can sew a seam incorrectly that will cause the area of the fabric to not move correctly. Check inside the seam. I sort of doubt this sort of drastic sewing error would occur in a custom shirt though.