• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pregnancy Entrapment - What are your legal rights, if any?

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine's girlfriend told him she was on the birth control shot and he could ******** with her with no condom. He did, and now she is pregnant. She has told him her family took her to get the shot and her family that he took her to get it. At this point it looks like no shot was gotten. He found out she had done this to two other guys right before him but he is the first one who got her pregnant. The other males were his friend and a casual encounter from a dating site.

She wants to keep the baby, he doesn't. He would prefer abortion or adoption, but has accepted that he might be paying child support for the next 18 years and intends to have no contact with the child and only contact her in court if necessary. He is 22 and she is 23.

The girl is literally crazy and it seems like she is doing this on purpose. Does he have any legal recourse or has she ruined his life?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should've thought about this beforehand.
Unfortunately.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^^ Rube speaks the truth.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry about your friend.

It's a ****** situation, and there's nothing he could do about it. In terms of child support, courts look out for the best interest of the child, and if that means screwing your friend, so be it.

Since the girl is a nutjob, he might have a chance of gaining custody of the kid. But as he wants nothing to do with it, the girl will have the baby and a steady stream of income from him.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not much in terms of legal precedent, but depending on the state/country he might be able to fight it with testament from the other guys.

No judge would actually force a guy to pay child support if it was clear he was tricked into it. Essentially most judge/jury would say "You want a baby, you gotta pay for it *****!"

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
A friend of mine's girlfriend told him she was on the birth control shot and he could ******** with her with no condom. He did, and now she is pregnant. She has told him her family took her to get the shot and her family that he took her to get it. At this point it looks like no shot was gotten. He found out she had done this to two other guys right before him but he is the first one who got her pregnant. The other males were his friend and a casual encounter from a dating site. She wants to keep the baby, he doesn't. He would prefer abortion or adoption, but has accepted that he might be paying child support for the next 18 years and intends to have no contact with the child and only contact her in court if necessary. He is 22 and she is 23. The girl is literally crazy and it seems like she is doing this on purpose. Does he have any legal recourse or has she ruined his life?
doubtful, but he dug his own grave by taking the girl´s word on the issue and not continueing to use a condom. but levaing that aside even the most fool proof anticontraception methods are not 100% secure, so the consequence should have already been seen.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
Yeah, not much in terms of legal precedent, but depending on the state/country he might be able to fight it with testament from the other guys. No judge would actually force a guy to pay child support if it was clear he was tricked into it. Essentially most judge/jury would say "You want a baby, you gotta pay for it *****!"
No way man. You gotta pay, unless you were actually raped. Edit: Yeah, your friend is a jackass. And if he really doesn't want any contact with the kid, I'd have to say that he is a scumbag as well. I mean, no matter how it happened, that's his flesh and blood. I have no respect for guys that won't take care of their own.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Caveat emptor.

And 18 years is a best-case scenario. In many states it's 19, even 21, and in many others he's on the hook until the kid graduates college.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackhood
No judge would actually force a guy to pay child support if it was clear he was tricked into it. Essentially most judge/jury would say "You want a baby, you gotta pay for it *****!"
Not here in the states. The judge will force him to pay in the U.S.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, I may have to ask someone I know. She got pregnant and wanted to keep the baby. Her then-shag-partner was not interested at all in having a child, and - as I understand it - relinquished his parental rights. I don't believe she gets any child support, but I am very uncertain of the terms of this deal. It may well be that she kicked her then-shag-partner to the curb and said -"fine - he's all mine - sign this and **** off forever."

As you might imagine, I've not pressed her for the details.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
\\

She wants to keep the baby, he doesn't. He would prefer abortion or adoption

That sucks. I can already see this kids life 20 yrs down the road and hes prolly 2mm tall right about now.

Very sad and yes, your friend is a loser/jakass

dl

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
If he didn't want a kid he shouldn't have had sex.

FTFY. We all take a chance on our number being up every time we bust a nut, no matter how cautious we might think we're being.

Tonsils are the only foolproof birth control.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I aint gonna rag on your friend. This could happen to any guy.

You take the bitches word for it, fall in love, and bam. Duped. And whats she get? A nice payday.

Gotta follow the Leykis 101 Hail Mary approach on this:
- Telll her he loves her and wants to be with her forever, blah blah
- Talk about how he wants a family really bad but its not in the best interest of the child or their family to have him so young
- You want to have a house, white picket fence and all that
- Convince her this is the way to do it and that you'll wait for her once SHE gets HER career established and has achieved her dreams
- Take her to the clinic and get that **** sucked out
- Go to mcdonalds afterwards and get her an egg mcmuffin
- DUMP THAT ***** and count your lucky stars

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics