• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post Your Terrible Delivery Experiences

mehhhh

Reaction score
I'm a part time delivery driver. The job itself sucks.

uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx

Reaction score
there was this one time a leather jacket i ordered from ebay got jacked by a USPS worker.

oh wait. this is about food delivery.
frown.gif

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
i once got an artichoke and there was a baby caterpillar baked into the trail it had eaten across some leaves. it was cute.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
I can only speak for NYC but more often than not a restaurant will deliver. Usually the clients are people at work and the meal is paid for by the company, but not always.

Yes, I can tell you that some fine dining restaurants make a killing charging exorbitant prices having food delivered to corporate clients on expense accounts in the financial district.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Mexican food, chinese food, sometimes thai.

I wish a Mexican place delivered around here.
frown.gif

Stick to mostly Chinese and pizza. Ordering anything remotely "fine dining" for delivery seems like an exercise in folly.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Rules of takeout:

Don't order anything that can get soggy.

Don't order anything that has to be cooked to a perfect temp.

Order everything on the side. Toppings and bun included if you're getting a burger.

Don't expect it to be hot when it gets to you.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One hundred dollars ?!?!?!

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
only in NY would someone have $100 French food delivered to you like ******* pizza.

I have never even considered having western food delivered. The point of eating nice food is the environment and the experience, that's why it's worth the money.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
I have never even considered having western food delivered. The point of eating nice food is the environment and the experience, that's why it's worth the money.

the only reason I can think of is if the weather's too prohibitive for foo and whoever to go out. but still I'd rather eat something from a can than have food (other than soon-to-be-cold pizza) delivered.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Soooo....

Working late a while back.

Order a couple pizzas. Staff checks with me if I want large or medium - there were 4 of us still there, so I said large.

The wait commences.

The wait continues.

At the one hour point, we call back...'any minute now'

15 mins later, in walks a dude with 2 small pizzas. Not large, not medium. Small. And four people.

We call. Apologies ensue. Driver retreats. At this point - after 9, staff are basically still there only cos the boss offered pizza. A couple leave.

Pizza shop calls. Apologises. Your replacements are on the way.

The wait commences.

At the 45 minute point (the shop is 5 mins away) we call back. "It was raining and the delivery driver was hit by a taxi, he's gone to hospital." "Uh, ok, where's my pizza?" "Replacement coming sir".

Another 45 minutes passes...I am now alone in the office. With two large pizzas.

I send an email and complain to them, I get a "terribly sorry" response, an a "we will offer you a free pizza to make up for it" reply, "just call me directly". A week or so goes by, and I decide to call this in from my apartment.

My place is directly opposite the pizza joint. Literally across the street. I order my pizza direct with the manager as suggested.

And then the wait starts.

It took them an hour to get a pizza across the street to me - and it was cold on arrival. Send it back, SMS the manager and say "this is unbelievable". More apologies, replacement pizza arrives 20 mins later.

The manager sends me a follow up message to see how it was. "Fine". "that's great, i could not sleep last night because I was so worried about you".

I get slightly creeped out.

A week goes by and she messages me again, wondering when I will be ordering from them. I didnt reply, so she called. I was like "look, you guys found a way to have me wait like six hours for two pizzas, I don't think I'm going to become a regular here". The whole night and the next morning she was texting me telling me she would do anything to get my custom back and that she still wasn't sleeping over it.

Very very creepy. Thank you Sarpinos Vietnam. You have done Dominos a tremendous service.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
So what's her number?
biggrin.gif

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
the only reason I can think of is if the weather's too prohibitive for foo and whoever to go out. but still I'd rather eat something from a can than have food (other than soon-to-be-cold pizza) delivered.

If the weather is too prohibitive to go out, the restaurant probably shouldn't be delivering either.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have learned never to experiment with my delivered food. Pizza and Chinese are just about all I will deal with.

Worst situation is a 30-40 minuted anticipated order that took over 1.5 hours. I think they offered $5 off my next order. Never bothered to order from them again.

Another odd situation (not odd really but could've ended very badly), is a delivery driver that was deaf. So when he got to my apartment he texts me to say he was there. As I know some neanderthals without texting service on their phones, I was a little disturbed that I could've been SOL if I didn't have it.

A 1.5 hour late chinese delivery that delivered overcooked softshell crabs I was craving.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
A week goes by and she messages me again, wondering when I will be ordering from them. I didnt reply, so she called. I was like "look, you guys found a way to have me wait like six hours for two pizzas, I don't think I'm going to become a regular here". The whole night and the next morning she was texting me telling me she would do anything to get my custom back and that she still wasn't sleeping over it.

Very very creepy. Thank you Sarpinos Vietnam. You have done Dominos a tremendous service.

so she's that ugly eh?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics