1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Post pictures of cars that you like.

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by username79, Apr 18, 2010.

1. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Well-Known Member

I don't think there has been any more beautifully tense (operative) design ever created, especially when viewed from the rear. I would like to know who the designers were and their biographies.

I saw 3 Audi R8s today while in Mayfair in London. A very nice deep burgundy/purple, a black one, and an utter monstrousity with chrome paint, so the whole thing looked like a mirror [​IMG]

I know it's small timer, but I hope to get a black Porsche cayman next summer, with either burgundy leather interior, or tan leather with a mahogany steering wheel (I'm not sure if this latter option exists)

2. A Y

A Y Well-Known Member

I know it's small timer, but I hope to get a black Porsche cayman next summer, with either burgundy leather interior, or tan leather with a mahogany steering wheel (I'm not sure if this latter option exists)

Not at all --- it's one of the best sports cars you can buy at any price today. They don't seem to have mahogany in their US configurator but their makassar wood is a dark brown-red stripey wood, and the steering wheel has its top and bottom covered in wood. I don't think I've yet seen a new Porsche with wood interior --- it does look good in the pictures.

--Andre

3. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wonderful stiff as hell ride, corners like a train,but the body integrity is not up to par with the rest of Toyota cars.

I drove both and preferred styling and built quality of Nissan 300zx twin-turbo.

4. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

A great car and nice color combo, nothing small timer about it at all.

5. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

6. texas_jack

texas_jack Well-Known Member

alfa montreal

[​IMG]

Yeah, that's a weird one. Great on paper but it's pretty bizarre looking.

7. T4phage

T4phage Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the lancia stratos

8. Omniphile

Omniphile Member

[​IMG]

1963 Ford Thunderbird.

9. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

completely forgot how much i used to love these when i was a kid until i saw one last night. [​IMG]

10. Germanicus

Germanicus Well-Known Member

Facel II was a better car

Maybe, but the HK 500 was more elegant and not as massive as the II.

11. Mannix

Mannix Well-Known Member

12. spertia

spertia Well-Known Member

13. username79

username79 Well-Known Member

completely forgot how much i used to love these when i was a kid until i saw one last night.

[​IMG]

One of my goals in life when I was a kid was to own a 850CSI.

14. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a weird one. Great on paper but it's pretty bizarre looking.

You don't like the way American muscle-cars from 70s look?

15. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Well-Known Member

Not at all --- it's one of the best sports cars you can buy at any price today. They don't seem to have mahogany in their US configurator but their makassar wood is a dark brown-red stripey wood, and the steering wheel has its top and bottom covered in wood. I don't think I've yet seen a new Porsche with wood interior --- it does look good in the pictures.

--Andre

A great car and nice color combo, nothing small timer about it at all.

Good to hear guys, I shall continue to save and work hard at this!

16. rnoldh

rnoldh Well-Known Member

I was at my second office today ( Starbucks, Memorial Dr. ) when I ran into a Dr. friend of a Dr. friend,

I didn't know he had a Ford GT40. It's a beast!

It's properly called a Ford GT and this is the Wicki on it.

His is a 2005 and their were 4,038 of them produced. The Doc. told me that about 3,000 of the 4,038 survive. They are not daily drivers.

They normally came with a 550 HP V8 which ain't chopped liver. He customized his to 1,000 HP!!!! Yes that's correct, 1,000 HP. 0-60 in 1st gear.

Enjoy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Truly a beast!

The deal is that next week I take him to see John O's car collection and sometime next week I'll drive the Ford GT.

I'm kind of leery of a car this fast though. I truly am a little nuts ( ask teger ), and I might crash the thing.

I really prefer the Duesenbergs and vintage cars.

If conne comes down here, we'll drive him around in FDR's limo.

17. epb

epb Well-Known Member

His is a 2005 and their were 4,038 of them produced. The Doc. told me that about 3,000 of the 4,038 survive. They are not daily drivers.

They normally came with a 550 HP V8 which ain't chopped liver. He customized his to 1,000 HP!!!! Yes that's correct, 1,000 HP. 0-60 in 1st gear.

Tons of irony right there. These cars aren't surviving because guys with more money than brains/driving skill are doing these sorts of mods, just to brag about their big HP numbers. Even without such upgrades we're seeing the Porsche Carrera GT and Ferrari Enzo numbers decline steadily.

18. rnoldh

rnoldh Well-Known Member

Tons of irony right there. These cars aren't surviving because guys with more money than brains/driving skill are doing these sorts of mods, just to brag about their big HP numbers. Even without such upgrades we're seeing the Porsche Carrera GT and Ferrari Enzo numbers decline steadily.

I agree.

I might drive it but I'd never wind it out.

I'll take pics of the engine modifications next week.

It's quite a piece of machinery.

19. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

I actually like my Taurus.
    I guess the true definition of smalltimer is being happy with what you have.

20. Christofuh

Christofuh Well-Known Member