1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Post pics of your denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mike C., May 16, 2005.

1. cldpsu

cldpsu Well-Known Member

I don't have a camera now but I can see if someone around the apartment can lend me one. If you like all of that Japanese true blue shit, you'll love these. You get the true blue fade without having "swamp ass and balls" as someone once put it, from heavy denim.

2. mjbonne

mjbonne Member

been lurking for awhile, first real post. colour is off cause of natural lighting. 3rd pic is closest to real life. these just hit the year mark.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. hnlax

hnlax Well-Known Member

been lurking for awhile, first real post. colour is off cause of natural lighting. 3rd pic is closest to real life. these just hit the year mark.

any washes?

4. mjbonne

mjbonne Member

any washes?
    one ocean wash at 6 month mark, 1 regular hot wash at 1 year mark. must say they smell much better now haha.

5. hnlax

hnlax Well-Known Member

one ocean wash at 6 month mark, 1 regular hot wash at 1 year mark. must say they smell much better now haha.
    they look pretty good. just washed mine for the first time at the seven month mark...the results were less than desired. i wore these mine through for a pretty long time... until i got a job after graduating. the result was alright, but no great fades or anything (just some minor ones in the lap, knees, wallet pocket, etc). the seam on the bottom of the right leg is also busting...really don't get why, i didn't size down a great deal on my ps. good results, though!

6. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Well-Known Member

edit: Ahh, Fullcount 1108c. So I see.
    They fit you perfectly, exactly how I would like my next pair to fit *me*. So that I might have a better chance of getting that kind of fit myself, may I ask what your height and weight is, roughly? And your normal waist size?

Those really do look fantastic. If there was a hat-tipping smiley, I'd insert it here.

tnx for the compliments. sorry, neglected to check here for awhile. vital stats: height= 5'11", weight= approx 180#, W33 on most TTS japs.

FCs were an unintentionally sized down W32. my aim was to go TTS. pre-ordered them in Dec last year, but put on weight by the time i got them late Feb. i was reluctant to start at first cuz they were already tight [pre-soak]. there wasn't much info on the denim used and i dint want to waste time+effort only for them to end up @supermarket. luckily, they stretch out quite a bit, so TTS to -1.

anyway, just a fare warning: they're a slow fader__ not really for the impatient ones. but, the denim is superb[​IMG] in time, the denim softens up and develops a nice patina similar to the SDAs. BiG still got a few left. they're limited run, so i strongly advise you to get right on cuz you don't wanna miss out on this.

7. Chip

Chip Well-Known Member

Warehouse x BiG x SUFU
    These have been in and out of my rotation for since contest start 11.07. About a year of wear and a bunch of washes. Contrast is a little washed out from the pictures.

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. IIIrd Icon

IIIrd Icon Well-Known Member

These are my '47 fits:

[​IMG]
    SD 101: sized up 1= W34 :: 1.5 y/o :: 3 soaks + 2 washes :: 5 mos effective wear :: status= on rotation

[​IMG]
    WH 1001xx: TTS= W33 :: still immaculate :: status= on queue [for next rotation]

[​IMG]
    SC 40400N: sized down= W32 :: wash x1 :: status= stuck in "holding pattern"

9. mlyngard

mlyngard Well-Known Member

Since info and fit pics are lacking on these:

Dry Bones Red D. 29w (31.25"). Sanforized. 14oz per SE.

Post soak:
    w: 30.75
    r: 9.5
    l.o: 7.25

Inseam shrank about an inch.

Just in. First impressions: listed as 14oz denim. Feels much lighter - lighter than Jean Shop or KMW. Possibly a lot of stretch to these.

Good summer jeans. Very smooth hand. Purple cast, deep indigo. No slub at all. Minimal shrink after hot soak and machine dry. Beautiful details. Great slim taper fit. Definite No. 1 for spring/summer wear. Major blue hands after post-soak handling and first wears.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. pekklemon

pekklemon Well-Known Member

love the red-d [​IMG] enjoy those!

11. mlyngard

love the red-d [​IMG] enjoy those!

Got some? How are they breaking in?

12. Lachy

Lachy Well-Known Member

Love those Dry Bones!

13. givemefive

givemefive Well-Known Member

I rivet came off the pocket of my Skull 5010 last yearish. It really disappointed me as I had spent a chunk load of change on them. Super high quality Japanese jeans right? I ended up emailing Kiya and he said I could have them mailed back to Fab Four or I could get a discount on another jean. I wasn't really looking for anything and I had just bought some new jeans from him but I took up the discount option for future review knowing how long Fab Four could take. Anyways, I emailed Fab Four and emailed them pictures explaining the occurrence. I sent a very simple English email and Japanese machine translated copy. This is what I received:
    Then I sent pictures and said I could probably find someone to fix them locally: [​IMG] Then I got
    So a couple days later this showed up in my mailbox: [​IMG] Inside was a small poster type lookbook and some other papers and two brand new rivets. I went to a tailor that said they could do it and when I came back the next day they told me they had broken one of them and they did not wish to procede. ugh These guys: http://www.yelp.com/biz/manuels-cust...h/query:tailor Don't go there. So I called some more places but none of them had any idea what I was talking about. I soon got busy with school and had to lay it off for a while. So like 6 months later I'm back at school and not busy. I call these guys: http://www.yelp.com/biz/ricardos-tai...h/query:tailor and they say they can do it. I take the jeans in with the rivet and the nice man behind the counter is gone seemingly ever. After a while he pops back up and says he's finished. The rivet isn't on there perfect, the washer top part is ever so slightly bent but it will certainly do the job. He says there is no charge. [​IMG] look at that beautiful patch and hair! those belt loops with raised middles are so hot [​IMG] And finally the uneven stitching (The hems and some other stuff are off too but it gives them character: [​IMG] And some thoughts: The skull denim is freaking ridiculous. I love it. I am going to have to get some 6x6 indigos some time soon. The fit is so cool. The top block is fitted, yet breaks in well. Its nice and slim but the knee down is straight so they don't look skinny. The prices have gotten so high its absurd, but the product (Japanese artisan jeans in general) are so unique its impossible to turn down. Each brand has their own flaws and nuances.

14. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Nice story. It's no secret that Skulls are my favorite denim as well. I'm excited that next week I'll probably have my 5507s so that I can start wearing these guys again. Sorry KMW, just not quite the fit that I want.

15. mlyngard

The prices have gotten so high its absurd, but the product (Japanese artisan jeans in general) are so unique its impossible to turn down.

Each brand has their own flaws and nuances.

That's a great story. Nice to see the human touch behind the product from so far away.

Agelus - hoping these 5507 work for ya.

16. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

you know you can bash rivets in with a hammer right? did it on my andewhalls that a rivet fell off, he ended up sending me like 20 rivets to make sure something like that would never happen again. just took a hammer and put the rivet in, and slammed it on concrete. it's not raised like yours, but for damn sure it'll never come off. lol.

17. givemefive

givemefive Well-Known Member

you know you can bash rivets in with a hammer right? did it on my andewhalls that a rivet fell off, he ended up sending me like 20 rivets to make sure something like that would never happen again. just took a hammer and put the rivet in, and slammed it on concrete. it's not raised like yours, but for damn sure it'll never come off. lol.
    It would have been difficult and rather messy. Some type of press where I could put the two pieces between would have been a lot better. I would have had to make some kind of tool to put over the nipple thing to bash the washer part down and somehow transmit the power through the rivet to the backside without it being absorbed by the cloth. Honestly a press was the only way I could see of doing it without breaking stuff. I suppose I could have taken a C-clamp and made it work pretty easily but with only 1 rivet left I kind of didn't want to risk anything.

18. Vashin

Vashin Well-Known Member

Dry Bones looks great but crotch rivet makes me not sure if want

19. Lachy

Lachy Well-Known Member

Skulls have a few quality issues, stitching, rivets, etc. But I think it adds to their character, they aren't critical flaws in the least. My 5010s are coming up on their 1 year anniversary in about 10 days, and I love them.

Dry Bones look hot, but that Red-D fit just doesn't quite work for me. Crotch rivet is just another feature, like selvage coin pockets, or back pocket stitching, doesn't appeal to everyone, but it makes the jean a little different from the heard.

I need to work out my next pair soon ...

20. malefic

malefic Well-Known Member

Someone find/sell me some Iron Army jeans . . . please?? [​IMG] [​IMG]