1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Post pics of your denim

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mike C., May 16, 2005.

1. sci-fi-o-hi-fi

sci-fi-o-hi-fi Well-Known Member

Obiter, what boots/shoes are you wearing?

2. adamha21

adamha21 Well-Known Member

Nice looking Routes.

3. Crane's

Crane's Well-Known Member

Well it's nice to know I'm doing something right. LOL.

My 6 or 7 month old AJ Heavy Drys are beginning to develop some character. Nice subtle whiskering, knee fades, wallet and holster fades, silver dollar coin pocket fade etc. I'll post some before and after pics the next time I get around to my next hot soak.

4. obiter dictum

obiter dictum Well-Known Member

5. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Well-Known Member

Routes look great. I'll have to get my friend to post pictures of his.

6. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

a quick lo-fi update
    kmw rockers 11-17-08 to 3-17-09
    initial hot soak
    4 months of relatively solid wear
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. pibbs

pibbs Active Member

Nudie RRDS (~2 years, 1 wash)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    compare with a year ago, no wash:
    [​IMG]

APC NS (1 year, no wash)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Kregg

Kregg Well-Known Member

Pibbs, you're too nice to your denim.

9. pibbs

pibbs Active Member

This may be true. There's not much chance for an engineering student to get out and do crazy things, unfortunately...
    In any case, since I finally figured out how to use the timer on my camera, here are some more pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Lachy

Lachy Well-Known Member

The fading and wear shows up a lot better in those second shots. It's clear you spend a lot of time sitting on your ass though. I have the same problem (programmer).

Nice work.

11. Kregg

Kregg Well-Known Member

Ah, fades are much more apparent in the second pics.

I know what you mean about the time situation. It's a shame we can't generate great fades while sitting on our ass. Our jeans would be sick.

12. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Uniqlo jeans. I don't know how often I've worn these and how many times I've washed them.

13. mrmofoness

mrmofoness New Member

Wore them for around 10+ months (give or take) 7 days a week. Kinda stopped wearing them after TAO. Had to hand wash them cause i yak'd all over the front of my APC NS's. Heres my jeans prewash...I'll post pics tomorrow or whenever my denim dries post wash. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] You can see all the yak on the front...yuck!!! [​IMG]

14. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

neg rep

although nVm I think I posted a pic of puke on my shoe here once

15. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Well-Known Member

[​IMG] 5epxsf, ~a year and a half, no wash/soak

16. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Well-Known Member

Woah mrmofoness, you need a bit more than a handwash on the front of those New Standards. Fades be damned, get those fuckers clean.

Pink, how often were those 5ep worn?

17. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Well-Known Member

I wear them ~ 3 times a week, but I pretty much sit on my ass all day.

18. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Well-Known Member

Nice, I'm reaching the critical wash or soak moment with my apc's. As with a lot of others in this thread, I've been sitting on my ass for the most part. Fades are minimal, but they are starting to form. I was leaning towards a hot soak, but now I'm thinking a cold wash might be better. Not really looking for high contrast fades, but I would like them to be noticeable. Either way, I'll figure it out by Easter and make sure to post pics.

19. mrmofoness

mrmofoness New Member

Dried over night, minimal fading i guess oh well, just gotta wear em more and not yak on them again...lights kinda bright, i was so excited i just took a few pics and tried em on

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. To Sir with Love

To Sir with Love Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are my new RRLs after about 4 hrs. of use. They are the raw/dry straight leg ones that retail for $210. They were a stiff as cardboard when I received them. The waist felt just a bit loose and folded over about ¼ inch in the back with my belt tightened to its usual notch. I did a hot soak for about 25 min., followed by a cold rinse, then rolled them up in a towel before hanging them outside for about an hour. It wasn't too hot today, so they still felt wet when I put them on and started wearing them around the house, making sure to spend some time sitting and doing a few deep knee bends every now and then. They seem to fit better now, but only very slightly and mainly, I think, because they aren't quite as stiff and had a chance to mold to my body when they were wet. They are not tight but I don't feel the fabric folding over in the back even with my belt nice and tight and it takes a little effort to get my hands into the pockets so I feel like the fit is pretty good. They are a bit loose in the rear, but if I had a bigger ass, they would be about perfect. I'm happy with the amount of stacking at the ankle and the knee creases seem to be getting off to a good start. I'm going to wear these as often and for as long as I can before soaking (or washing) again. This pair of jeans is my first semi-serious piece of denim, but I'm pretty happy so far. (sorry for the essay)