1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Poorly Fitting RTW Jacket (beseeching your indulgence)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nikki5, Sep 27, 2012.

1. nikki5

nikki5 New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hi. I have been trying for some time to try to figure out how to alter a RTW jacket, and I just stumbled upon this site -- WOW! Now, I'd like to ask you to indulge me -- I realize I am breaking the rules big time because, 1) this is a ladies jacket, and 2) my pictures (taken before I found this site) have flapping wings and poor dress. That said, if you would be willing to offer any suggestions I would be very grateful. If not, I do understand. The first photo is the unaltered jacket. The second photo is a basted, un-ironed attempt to improve the fit by taking in the side-back seams and center back seam. I know I will not achieve perfection (and I won't be able to adjust the armholes or the pockets), but perhaps you can provide a bit of guidance on how to improve upon this? The third picture is the front -- I'd be delighted if you wanted to offer any suggestions there as well. Thank you very much.

2. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

better for you to post in the mens clothing section