• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geran Brown

Reaction score
So while on Instagram today, one of the people I follow posted a watch (see below) that I fell in love with instantly. Only problem is that the watch cost over $100K and that's definitely too much for me.

So I'm coming to y'all to see if I can get some help finding a poor man's version (under $900) of it.

Patek Philippe 3970P
segu2yze.jpg

Thanks in advance! :)

McKriss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would like to share my new Sector 270, which I think is a heck of a deal Pretty nice, right?

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So while on Instagram today, one of the people I follow posted a watch (see below) that I fell in love with instantly. Only problem is that the watch cost over $100K and that's definitely too much for me.

So I'm coming to y'all to see if I can get some help finding a poor man's version (under $900) of it.

Patek Philippe 3970P
segu2yze.jpg

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

Seagull makes a pretty similar homage for $580.

M199S-1.jpg

It can be found here:
http://www.good-stuffs.com/New-Sea-Gull-M199S-chronograph-with-moonphase-ST1908_p_163.html

Frankly, I like the styling of the Seagull better.

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
I have a Wolf Designs Meridian Triple winder. It's more winder than I intended to buy, but Jomashop had them in one of their flash sales. MSRP is $825 and I think I paid something around $300. It was a fairly easy pill to swallow considering Brookstone winders cost basically the same and are destined to fall apart in a year or two.

I also like that the Meridian series is modular so I can add another triple winder on, or get a storage box, or both, etc as my collection grows.

Keen

Reaction score

Patek Philippe 3970P
segu2yze.jpg

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

He's a very regular poster in the other watch thread, if you want to see more pics of it.
That Seagull looks very nice!

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
height8400

I grabbed this one off Craigslist about a year ago. It has the Seiko NH35 movement and has been as accurate as any of my other watches.

I put it on a Hirsch Liberty strap (which actually cost more than I paid for the watch itself)

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I need this in my life

Is that a stock SKX of some sort or one that has been modded? It looks like a PVD version that would be done by by somebody like Motor City Watch Works. Looks great by the way.

plot

Reaction score
It's a modded Seiko SKX007. From what I can tell the case has been PVD coated, the bezel swapped and the bracelet replaced with an olive NATO strap.

Geran Brown

Reaction score

He's a very regular poster in the other watch thread, if you want to see more pics of it. 
That Seagull looks very nice!
Yeah I drool everytime I see him post a watch of his.

The Seagull is currently high on the list to get as a poor man's version of it :)

steveh

Reaction score
Hi I have a question what do people think of the seiko premier moonphase watch? I wanted to see whether its better to buy from UK buyers ( whereI am) or from Japan - the seiya man doesn't sell it. He says not much demand in Japan. Know any other sellers in Japan?

1254336375_seiko-premier-direct-drive-moon-phase_1.jpg
1254336419_seiko-premier-direct-drive-moon-phase_4.jpg

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my khaki automatic today, put on a shell nato I bought in case I ever got a watch haha

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads