• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

applied

Reaction score
Damn that are some really beautiful pictures of watches. Funny thing is, cheap seems really relative. Some people on this forum must have some well paying jobs!

While I typically like a simple watch with a beautiful leather band, some of pictures with the cheap Timex easy reads with stripped bands really caught my eye.

Saw this on slickdeals today, Timex Weekender, one of which has a nice red and black stripped band. Its running at $17.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-21-...edium=afl&utm_campaign=1225267&utm_source=rvs

Wanted to actual contribute on my first post (I hope I did that) instead of asking a question. There will be plenty of questions later!

jimney

Reaction score
Damn that are some really beautiful pictures of watches. Funny thing is, cheap seems really relative. Some people on this forum must have some well paying jobs!

While I typically like a simple watch with a beautiful leather band, some of pictures with the cheap Timex easy reads with stripped bands really caught my eye.

Saw this on slickdeals today, Timex Weekender, one of which has a nice red and black stripped band. Its running at $17.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-21-...edium=afl&utm_campaign=1225267&utm_source=rvs

Wanted to actual contribute on my first post (I hope I did that) instead of asking a question. There will be plenty of questions later!
Weekender is a fantastic watch, and great for a first watch for someone who is on the fence about wearing one every day (like I was). I put mine on a nice leather band (posted a few pages back) and it looks damn good, especially for the price.

myk7000

Reaction score

Weekender is a fantastic watch, and great for a first watch for someone who is on the fence about wearing one every day (like I was).  I put mine on a nice leather band (posted a few pages back) and it looks damn good, especially for the price.

Agreed. The Timex Easy Reader is also a recommendation of mine, as it's a solid watch that doesn't pretend to be some sort of amazing piece of horology. I would say that the only problem I have with both of these watches, or most of Timex watches is the click of the second hand, it's fairly loud and you need to put a shirt over the watch or have the watch be far away during bed time.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old Stowa today.

Something to note, although I love the look of it, these older watches require you to cycle through to change the date. Pain *********** if you only wear it once in a while.

Last edited:

applied

Reaction score
That is exactly why I got the weekender. I am still not sure if I can pull of the nylon strap, but with some of whnay (forgot what the abreviation was) pictures, it looks pretty nice.

I actually want the easy reader more. I think the classic white background looks amazing. If the weekender works out well, I will definitely get the easy reader with some extra bands.

Rooster, that stowa is a beautiful watch!

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The HMT above was $27 on ebay

Benjamin Chee HH

Reaction score
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/design-your-ideal-chinese-watch-751238.html

250 USD for an elegant dress watch with in-house movement finished better than an ETA 2824 Top Grade, and you get to give design input to the owner.
Limited edition 100 pieces globally.
Vintage styling
Free lifetime servicing (to testify to the tremendous durability and reliability of China Made watches!)

Made in China, with PRIDE.

dron

Reaction score

Old Stowa today.

Something to note, although I love the look of it, these older watches require you to cycle through to change the date. Pain *********** if you only wear it once in a while.

A little trick:
You can just go back and forth over 12 o'clock. to change through the dates quicker.

nice watch btw. I'm wearing my 60ies tissot seastar today. slightly similar.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics