1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Polo with button down collar

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by smoothmoose, Jul 2, 2013.

1. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Well-Known Member

Here's the inspiration from The Style Blogger:

http://tsbmen.com/29519/polos-jackets/

The button down collar on his Uniqlo polo sports a fantastic roll. However, after years of rumours we are still awaiting our Uniqlo store here in Canada. No upcoming plans for me to be in NYC or Asia either.

So what is a man to do? Did a quick peak at Brooks Brothers and couldn't find anything though I was able to score a excellent trench coat for my fiance at 50% off.

I've bought my custom polo piques from Tailorstore before and they have a great selection of pique fabrics and colours, however they don't accommodate for a button-down collar. I see Luxire is all the rage right now and can customize anything to the bone, but there seem to only have 3 pique options right now (white, blue, gray)?

So what is a man to do? Hopefully, someone else has found some more options out there.

2. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I just got chills seeing this photo ^.
    No button down polos for me, thank you.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  3. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Well-Known Member

It's a matter tastes and choosing which rules to break. Dan from TSBmen got it down IMO...

4. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

5. samadhi27

samadhi27 Well-Known Member

Agree with MOL -- that looks awful.