1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Poll: S2000vs350Z

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Kimi, Oct 10, 2009.

1. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

coming up to SF to ask opinion on styling between 1 car with plastic dash against another with full leather interior?
    Full leather is nice.

2. whymakemedothis

whymakemedothis Well-Known Member

coming up to SF to ask opinion on styling between 1 car with plastic dash against another with full leather interior?

which is which?

3. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Well-Known Member

The Nissan only sounds a lot better
    Where are you getting this information? I think the Z has an awful cabin sound, with the top down or up. At least the S2000 sounds great for a four cylinder whereas it's not the case for the Z.
    I believe both of them have leather seats and both have plastic dashes, so you don't seem to know anything about either car. Is there such thing as a 'full leather interior' for a car of that price? The Z has amazing leather seats with orange stitching. That being said, the Z has lots of chintzy bits and big fake silvery dials. But I quite like a big rev gauge as opposed to the S2000's digital read out. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. il ciclista

il ciclista Well-Known Member

the door panels on the Z are missing something, it's long blank and cheap looking. The one thing i do like about the Z is that sweet sounding motor

5. superfans124

superfans124 Well-Known Member

Beijing -> D.C. -> HK -> Beijing -> now where?
    fine, I'll accept my defeat and retire my short-lived career in this threat.

6. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

the door panels on the Z are missing something, it's long blank and cheap looking.
    I sat in one a few years ago and came away with the same feeling about the door panels.

7. sleekblackroadster

sleekblackroadster Well-Known Member

s2000 owner checking in.

i can't bring myself to part with such a great car even though mine is a 2000 model year and is getting much older than i had planned it to before i sold it.

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

The 350Z has more douchey owners than the S2K, so I'll go with the Honda. Both have Fast and Furious tendancies.

9. Pezzaturra

Pezzaturra Well-Known Member

I drove S2000 and it is fun to drive for 1 hour. It is a go cart and requres to be redlined at all times to extract any kind of torque (which is expected form this engine design) .
    However try not to stall in the corners; S2000 feels like a slow motion movie even when I try to push the engine.

10. Robertito

Robertito Well-Known Member

I have thought of this very recently and went out and bought a Z (roadster). I mean, in reality the two cars shouldn't be compared.

The S2000 is funner to drive and handles much better; but the Z reminds me of a real pony car. It's powerful and beautiful. The only issues I have had so far is that the sound of the engine is uninspiring (not sonorous like a V8 or preppy like the S2000's I4) and the clutch is quite heavy.

Both cars are awesome. The only thing you could do to offend me would be to buy either with an automatic.

I agree, but the S2000 isn't available with an automatic.

11. Asch

Asch Well-Known Member

My mental associations with the 350Z have been poisoned by the enormous number of wealthy-douche college frat boys who drive it, invariably in black.

12. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Well-Known Member

The S2000 is the last Honda from the 'good old days' to go. The RSX, NSX and now the S2000...

13. svelten

svelten Well-Known Member

The S2000 is the last Honda from the 'good old days' to go. The RSX, NSX and now the S2000...

The RSX is a bit of a blemish to their racing heritage I would say. They should have only offered the Type-R from Japan and badged it as a Honda to start with.

S2000 is for sure a more entertaining vehicle to drive than a 350Z. Handling feels like you`re on rails. Older models (AP1) are pretty cheap now and have a better redline than the AP2s, which have more torque and low end.

370Z is not a fair comparison, it will undoubtedly cost a lot more than an S2K unless you`re inexplicably buying a new one out of all disregard to good personal financial planning. I wouldn`t pay more than 25K for any S2000 nowadays, it`s a 10 year old model.

Or, you really want the S2000 Club Racer edition, which is still a long way behind a 370Z.

14. Corniche

Corniche Well-Known Member

The 350Z has more douchey owners than the S2K, so I'll go with the Honda. Both have Fast and Furious tendancies.

Same in my country. I hardly can see an stock 350Z but 20 " chromed wheels and all that garbagge tunning. S2000 is becoming tuned too, I´ll have to sell mine then. Hate tuners and whitetrashers.

I found one picture of my lowered S2000 one weekend after testing 10 exhaust. This one custom made sounded like a 360 Modena, but it looked so " douchebag" ( I learned today that word) that I sold it next day .

[​IMG]

15. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

S2000.

I'm planning to downgrade from my BMW early next spring.

16. paegk

paegk Active Member

my vote is for the s2k

17. epb

epb Well-Known Member

Edmunds did an article on top 10 best used cars under $20k, and both of these made the cut:

http://www.insideline.com/car-news/1...han-19999.html

Of these two, I think I'd have to go with the 350Z, as I've read the S2000 is a bit cramped if you're over 6 feet tall.

18. Nomad_K

Nomad_K Well-Known Member

For a 'sports car' in the classic 2-door cabriolet sense, S2000. For a day to day driver... torque reigns supreme so I would go with the 350 or especially the new 370Z.

19. Kd88

Kd88 Well-Known Member

Just sold my AP1 S2000 this week, it was a fun car. They are extremely reliable track cars, I beat the shit out of it without major problems.

The thing that annoyed me most with the car was the cramped cabin, it does however ensure you dont date fat girls, but it does have a lot less space than even the lotus elise.

Overall, they are great cars that will last forever.

20. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Well-Known Member

S2000. One of the prettiest contemporary cars around--regardless of price.

One disadvantage of the S2000 is that it is intended only for homosexuals.