• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Poll: Attolini vs. Rubinacci vs. Steed

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
I think they all look great in their own way. I'd be happy with any one of them. All of them seem to have a more relaxed style than one often sees which I appreciate. They are not clean and lean. The one thing I might suggest is to lower your next commission a half inch. On some items the quarters seem a bit scrunched.

Thanks for the comparison! Very gracious of you.

Looking at the photos more carefully, I'd actually give the nod to the Attolini's primarily because the length is around 1/2 inch longer than the Rubinacci's and Steed's.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rolleyes.gif

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at the photos more carefully, I'd actually give the nod to the Attolini's primarily because the length is around 1/2 inch longer than the Rubinacci's and Steed's.
Wow, I would need two measuring tapes and a calculator and the actual coats to get that kind of intel info!

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jackets all look very nice, but for me, Steed #4 and 5 take the cake. They have more character compared to the other jackets. Those are the most anonymous-looking Rubis I've seen.

--Andre

Diavolo

Reaction score
This is a bit off the point, but it's the fabrics and mixing which I find unsuitable. I find virtually all the sportcoats too loud and they become even worse when combined with other items which really don't blend elegantly at all.
Even the plain navy suit is thrown off by that wild pocket square. The dinner jacket of course is fine - not a lot you can do to mess that up. Sorry. I'm sure most Americans will object to my assessment, however.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the photos, the Attolini's look more harmonious somehow. But, since I've seen some of these worn in real life, I'm not so sure my preferences based on these photos would translate.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
so the people who get their stuff from Naples like the Attolini and Rubinacci and the people that get their stuff in england like the Steeds. Wonders never cease.........

You left out the office pant wearing peanut gallery, aka the silent majority.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cravate_Noire
Wow, I would need two measuring tapes and a calculator and the actual coats to get that kind of intel info!

Just check out where the coats land on Monty's thumbs. They are lower on the Attolini's while right at the bottom of the thumb on the Rubinacci's and Steed's. This makes the quarters appear more balanced to my eye.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
so the people who get their stuff from Naples like the Attolini and Rubinacci and the people that get their stuff in england like the Steeds. Wonders never cease.........
I like some English stuff more than the rubis posted, but I like steed's clothing, almost to a piece, less than almost every other English tailor.

0b5cur1ty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by geoffmartin17
I think the real issue here is : what the **** do you do, and how can i do it?
After 6 pages of discussion, it's good to see someone finally cut right to the heart of the issue.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba
The last one, the Castangia, looks best to me. I like the fit of everything about it, and I think it would probably look better yet without the sweater.

I dont think any of them look bad. I like the way that the first Attolini fits, and the Attolini navy pinstripe.

I like the first Rubinacci except the pant. Maybe their Naples shop would work better, the stuff they're putting out for Matt look fantastic.

FTFY.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads