1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pocket squares - where do you guys *really* get them?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by enarchay, Oct 30, 2010.

1. gshen

gshen Well-Known Member

So the question is then: Is your time worth less than $15/hr?

Yup, quit my job at Mac's to sew pocket squarez for iGents on the interwebz. Few things in the world could be more gratifying!

2. sonlegoman

sonlegoman Well-Known Member

Yup, quit my job at Mac's to sew pocket squarez for iGents on the interwebz. Few things in the world could be more gratifying!
    Agreed. It is very calming. I probably don't make as many as Gshen due to school but it helps put me to sleep every night. I used to have horrible insomnia. But not any more. It is more of a hobby than an actual business though. My queue is about 3 weeks long (not because I have that many orders but because I make so few) and it is amazing how patient people are. The people on SF truly are gentlemen when it comes to waiting. For me, it probably pays the rent and that's it. I can't afford my ridiculous equipment bills for school or my tuition.

3. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Well-Known Member

Some of mine are actually just pieces of old material from stuff I don't use anymore. I simply cut out the size that I want, and use it stuffed (so no edges are showing). I can probably bring them up to my cleaners up the street and have the edges sewn, for pretty cheap. I have to ask. ...

You know I have often wanted to just head out to the garment district here in LA and buy up the fabrics that I like and cut them to then have edges sewn. The only thing holding me back is the fact that I don't know of any cleaners that do this for sure. Guess best thing to do is ask before I end up with a bunch of swatches of fabric.