1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by GusW, Mar 1, 2011.

1. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

@venividivicibj Here's a picture I took today at my pop-up shop. Hope it helps.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

3. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Fabulous

I'm MIA and feeling it, continued good fortune Shaya :nodding:

1 person likes this.
  4. H4wks

H4wks New Member

[​IMG]
    I was wondering if anyone could recommend a pocket square for this outfit. As you can see, I've tried a combination here, but I'm not really sure if it works.

5. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Well-Known Member

Using the guide I wrote earlier (quoted below), you'll want something red. Similar, but not too close to the tie. Something like these:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. DapperE

DapperE Well-Known Member

Maybe a grey, preferably darker with some accent of red. Linen or wool would accent the knit tie too.

7. Gavinband

Gavinband Well-Known Member

A couple recent purchases

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. TOSQ

TOSQ Member

What would you all consider to be "essential" and/or most versatile pocket square patterns (besides white or cream)? I'm a frequent traveler trying to up my style while on the road without bulging my bag. Here's a shot of one of my favorite squares in action:
    [​IMG]

Thanks,

TOSQ

9. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

I just had a similar experience! A while ago I had signed up to be notified when the teal "Around the World" square was back in stock. I got the stock notice last week, and ordered it and the red "Cabaret Dancers" square. The package arrived today with a very nice handwritten note and an additional square for free since I had to wait on the "Around the World" square! Really beautiful and interesting designs combined with fantastic customer service; I'll definitely be ordering from them again.

1 person likes this.
  10. Gavinband

Gavinband Well-Known Member

Great to hear. With a good fold you can get 2 or 3 tie combos from a square.

11. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

I think an ancient madder paisley is one of the most versatile. The colors go with virtually anything and since one of the "rules" of combining elements is to vary the pattern and scale, it is quite unlikely I'll have a paisley anywhere else. One of the issues with the small dot square in your pic is that it often would be too close in scale to a neat pattern tie, or perhaps even a shirt if wearing a small check pattern.

This one by Seaward & Stearn gets a lot of use for me and pairs well with most everything in my closet.
    [​IMG]

In general though, squares that are designed rather than an obvious geometric repeating pattern are most versatile IMO. In addition to the two above squares, several of Drake's patterns (tigers, unicorns, mughal, etc.) in staple colors, Kent Wang "Great Wave", Ikire Jones "New Lagos", and Rubinacci "Sirenuse" are probably my most worn.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  12. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

For those of you in LA, we're having a Put This On sample sale on Saturday (the 20th) from 10-4.

Gonna have a bunch of pocket squares, plus some other stuff - records, vintage jewelry and accessories, our as-yet-unreleased ballcaps.

It's at my office (pictured above), right on MacArthur Park. 2404 Wilshire Blvd. #9A, Los Angeles 90057. Look for "Maximum Fun" in the building directory so we can buzz you in.

(PS to mods: we're not an official Style Forum vendor but I did get permission from Fok to post this.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. rye225

rye225 Active Member

14. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

Just picked up this Drakes from the MrPorter sale.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. justridiculous

justridiculous Well-Known Member

Nice! I was considering picking this one up as well.

16. taxgenius

taxgenius Well-Known Member

It looks quite versatile to me, which is why I was keen on getting it. Will try it with navy and lighter blue suits.

2 people like this.
  17. gyasih

gyasih Well-Known Member

Some new ones from me:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. n0style

n0style New Member

19. vriche

vriche Well-Known Member

Not the greatest tie in the world, way too much going on. A plain Navy tie (maybe a grenadine) with a white PS or maybe a Burgundy or Green tie in a neat pattern would look a lot better IMO.

1 person likes this.
  20. vriche

vriche Well-Known Member

I'd like to report that I'm also one of the lucky customers to receive a gift from The Monsieur Fox. I ordered the Green and Brown PS and received the Red and Yellow for free. And I must say that they look even better in person than they do on the website. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.