1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Please help!! Need to match girlfriends dress for wedding

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by urban87, Jul 9, 2013.

1. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Well-Known Member

Maybe the mother wants him for herself. These things happen.

2. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

3. cptjeff

cptjeff Well-Known Member

So OP, you're an adult, about as old as I am, and you think letting your girlfriend's mother dictate your attire is appropriate? And the idea of her mother forcing you to matching your date didn't strike you as a little bit creepy, a grown women trying to play with dolls?

It's a suit and tie, not a costume. Wear a nice gray suit (or as nice as you can afford) a decent shirt, and a nice tie. You don't have to be a color matched set to be a couple.

I dunno, maybe it's that I've worked in a formal setting where I've worn suits and ties most every day and am accustomed to making my own decisions about what I wear, but I don't really get how you think this is somehow normal or appropriate.

4. VinnyMac

VinnyMac Well-Known Member

If she's wearing blue, then wear this same outfit, but use a darker tie...maybe a combination of blue and grey...something that looks solid from a distance but has a slight pattern or texture to it up close. You'll be able to get many more wears out of a tie like that.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013