1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Please help me with shoe care and fixing my shoes!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jb1987, Apr 14, 2016.

1. jb1987

jb1987 Active Member

Hey Guys!

I am sure there are many threads on this subject however I wanted to make a new one so it was tailored to my needs. I am a finance student and have a few pairs of "ok" shoes to the standards of this forum haha. Obviously I do not have a lot to spend on shoes at the moment. I am also starting a paid internship this summer so I would like to fix up what I do own. Just today I actually purchased a pair of Paul Evans Martin wholecut in marrone.
    The shoes I have are black johnston murphy wing tips, black johnston murphy melton cap toe which I actually purchased on Ebay for about $60. A brown pair of Aldos and the grey/blueish pair are Steve madden.

I want to know what a quality brush/shoe kit would be that is not too expensive as well as polish and other shoe care items I can get that you guys recommend. I know Saphir is popular but not sure on the best place to purchase or colors to get (besides black).
    From the pictures the problems I have are the Melton cap toes have some scuffs I would like to get out if possible and hopefully prevent in the future. It upsets me that they scuff so easily.
    The brown aldos I actually used to wear a lot when I went out and spilled certain beverages on them and now they are stained. If there is a way to fix these up please let me know. The top part is suede.
    For the grey shoes I think they are some sort of denim material and suede.

Thanks for any help!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  2. WhereNext

WhereNext Well-Known Member

You're obviously free to start your own thread, but many of your questions HAVE already been asked and answered (1209 pages worth) on the **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**. I would suggest posting there or, perhaps even better, simply reading through the pages of already provided information.