1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Please help me find a...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Holdfast, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

... white or cream turtleneck, in wool or cashmere or a blend (a small amount of man-made fabric in the blend is OK too), in size 36/XS/equivalent, suitable for wearing under a jacket, not terribly chunky but not too fragile/tissue-thin either. Brand is irrelevant, as long as the logo isn't of Big Pony dimensions; I don't mind normal-sized logos if it meets the other criteria. This is to replace a cream cashmere crewneck that's seen better days and always fit a little too big anyway as it was an 38/S rather than 36/XS. It's the kind of basic, versatile thing M&S used to put out every year, but hasn't in recent times.

Price: preferably under £150 but would go up to about £300 if it's cashmere. Wool at a lower price is definitely preferred though. I'm certainly not paying the unearthly Loro Piana baby cashmere prices, for example (besides, they can be a little too thin sometimes).

I've failed to find one that meets all those criteria so far, either from the internet or the high street, but maybe you guys know of a source. Thank you SF!

(And if you like, feel free to also use this thread to get SF to crowdsource whatever item you're looking for as well. Maybe we can all help each other out. [​IMG] )

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  2. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Well-Known Member

3. Holdfast

4. Holdfast

Thanks for the effort!

First is might work but might be too small (I need a 36 and I think their 34 might not be big enough), and yoox is a pain in the backside with sizing issues. The second is a somewhat weird dirty yellow colour, at least on my monitor?

There is a Hawick shop not all that far from me, so I'll chase up options with them by phone/in person, so thanks for reminding me of them!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  5. Holdfast

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  6. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Well-Known Member

HF, sorry to recommend something and not pay attention to the responses. Would have been able to tell you about the sizing. That said, I will say that they still fit a bit larger around the waist. Assuming you have a competent tailor, there should be no issues with tailoring a solid cashmere sweater, however.