1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Playoff

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ernest, May 16, 2005.

1. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

Recently, though it seems as though Basketball is for gangster.

koji

2. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Well-Known Member

I still think the Heat will beat the Pistons. The Pistons beat a Lakers team where Shaq and Kobe had no help. Miami is deeper, plus any team with Shaq has an automatic advantage in the post even though he's injured.

Edit: Spurs v.s Heat, Heat in 7.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

Does that mean that Croquet is for pimp?

4. mrgoblueguy

mrgoblueguy Well-Known Member

I can't believe my Pistons threw away that game last night. It is going to be a seven game series I feel now.

5. Thracozaag

Looks that way, then again they managed to steal game one and thus home court advantage (Miami and Detroit are excellent road teams, though)

koji

6. Thracozaag

Looks like you can stick a fork in Phoenix. [​IMG] koji

7. bachbeet

bachbeet Well-Known Member

Too bad about the Suns. Unless teams like them start winning rings, the NBA will remain mired in its low scoring boring "football-type" era. The Showtime era was its highest rated. They must return to it.

Having said that, the Spurs are looking tougher and tougher. I still think the Heat can beat them though.

8. mrgoblueguy

We can't count our Detroit yet. They did beat a Shaq and Kobe led team last year.

9. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

I've got Detroit taking it this year. They present too many matchup problems for the Heat and the Spurs.

Eric

10. bachbeet

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- the Pistons just aren't that good.

11. mrgoblueguy

I wonder if Sheed and the Pistons can rebound after getting bombed in Game 5? They did come back to win two in a row against the Nets last year, so it can be done.

12. countdemoney

countdemoney Well-Known Member

Miami will close it out tonight. I actually think that the pistons would have won game 3, but then rashweed angered shaq with some grabbing.

Make the hurt guy so mad he forgets about the pain - great idea in a game where they're calling it loose and he's the biggest guy in the building.

13. mrgoblueguy

Who do you have in Game 7 tonight? I am taking Detroit. They have played in big games before and knows what it takes. Miami needs Wade to have a huge night because we see what type of team they are without him.

14. Thracozaag

Even with the distraction of Brown supposedly going to the Cavs, I think the Pistons will pull it out (unless Wade makes a Frazier-like return)

koji

15. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

I can't see Wade having too good a night with a hurt rib, unless he is playing with the help of morphine or opium.

If he has a good game, you know whats to blame. (I feel like Dr. Suess, and I'm not even trying.)

Its a shame he got hurt. It defenitely cheapens the victory for the Pistons, but I'm sure they will take anyway they can get it. I do think Detroit would have pulled through, regardless of the injury to Wade.

E

16. bachbeet

Well, I sure am glad I didn't bet on the Heat. I really thought they'd win it all. The article at ESPN makes a very strong case for the Spurs. I gotta agree. Two last comments. First, Shaq will not win another ring. At least not as an active contributor to a team which does win the Finals. Second, this year's Finals will go down in history as the most boring ever. Insomniacs have found their cure. [​IMG]

17. Thracozaag

DOH.

koji

18. Thracozaag

I disagree; I think it'll be a real chess match between two master tacticians who have very strong teams (emphasis on TEAM). koji

19. Thracozaag

Ugliest Finals ever was NY/Houston, btw; that was darn near unwatchable.

koji

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Word. This final promises to be a sleeper too, though. While Parker and Ginobelli are fun to watch, Tim Duncan must be the most boring awesome player ever. And the Pistons are nothing if *not* explosive, Rasheed aside, and then only in spurts. I think that a Suns vs. Heat Final would've been a lot more fun to watch. But give props to Detroit and San Antonio. They earned their berths fair and square.