• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Planning a style book (feedback, content requests etc.)

ville_e

Reaction score
I am in the process of planning a style book for both men and women and would love to gain some input from forum members on the design, content etc.

I would greatly appreciate any feedback, content requests etc. Please can you PM me and I will give further details on the project.

Look forward to hearing back from as many as possible! Maybe you can tell me what was lacking in ex. Flusser's and Roetzler's books and what you would like to see in this one. All comments are greatly valued and will go into making this book.

I am also in the process of looking for a publisher so if anyone has any contacts or is interested in helping that would be of great help to us. Thank you!

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you would combine men and women, I think SW vs. MC might be more interesting. If you looking for a book to write, maybe a guide to buying clothes on Ebay would be a topic. I haven't seen anything like that.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
or a book on thrifting, picking out junk versus gold

+1 to men or women but not both

a good book might be about how to mix and match formal and casual elements

ville_e

Reaction score
Thank you kindly for the input. Our idea is to clearly separate each section including both women's and men's street wear and more formal wear. We will also have a section on mixing both casual and formal elements.

gwolf

Reaction score
how about a casual version of roetzel's gentleman? or are those what the esquire big black books are? hey come to think of it i may buy one of those. anyone bought one?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just print the
foo.gif
hermes wallet thread on nice paper, and sprinkle it with a few of Mr. Sam's photoshops. Guaranteed bestseller.

Azzurri

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Just print the
foo.gif
hermes wallet thread on nice paper, and sprinkle it with a few of Mr. Sam's photoshops. Guaranteed bestseller.

This
biggrin.gif

Montauk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ville_e
Thank you kindly for the input. Our idea is to clearly separate each section including both women's and men's street wear and more formal wear. We will also have a section on mixing both casual and formal elements.

Best of luck to you, but I think it's a bad idea to write a book for both men and women. It's two almost completely separate audiences.

ville_e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Montauk
Best of luck to you, but I think it's a bad idea to write a book for both men and women. It's two almost completely separate audiences.

Thank you. That is a valid point which you mentioned but we believe there to be an audience for a book like this as both men and women are often interested in each other's style. For example, male readers of the sartorialist tend to also be interested in women's styles.

I am very grateful for all of the comments in this thread and we will take each one into account when writing the book.

Please post more ideas and PM me if you wish to learn more about the project.
smile.gif

TimH

Reaction score
I am wondering just how big this book is planned to be? Mens style has filled so many books but to include womens style might take it to infinity. Good luck and anything I can help with let me know.

ville_e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TimH
I am wondering just how big this book is planned to be? Mens style has filled so many books but to include womens style might take it to infinity. Good luck and anything I can help with let me know.

Thanks Tim. Will PM you soon with more info on the project !
smile.gif

ville_e

Reaction score
Thanks so much everyone for your comments! I really appreciate your feedback.

If anyone reading this (who is involved in the business) wishes to be involved (ex. interview etc.) then please be in touch.
smile.gif

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tazmaniac
Maybe a book on men's style and women's lingerie?
It's about damned time. The world is ready for it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads