1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pix of most desired pair of shoes at the moment?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AJL, Dec 5, 2004.

1. tsloop

tsloop Well-Known Member

Its not very good but heres a pic of the alligator cap toes that I just bought, I really like how they look and have received lots of compliments the couple time I have worn them [​IMG]

2. cuffthis

cuffthis Well-Known Member

These were my most desired pair of shoes. This past Thursday on my visit to Paul Stuart in NYC, I made them mine. Grenson black velvet dress slippers with Pirate fronts. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

4. alchimiste

alchimiste Well-Known Member

Is the sole bulletproof? What is it made of?

5. alchimiste

How did you manage to get this image ? Did you have to torture Olga ? I tried to link to another pair of their shoes but the new website is very unfriendly.

Mathieu

6. jmswentworth

jmswentworth Well-Known Member

A nomad in a suit: London, Frankfurt, Milan, Paris
    Printscreen key on you keyboard, press it. Then go into MS Paint/ Photoshop etc. and Ctrl+V or paste, and crop accordingly.

7. Nonk

Nonk Well-Known Member

It is a goodyear welted leather sole, with a rubber outer layer for longevity.

8. ATM

ATM Well-Known Member

Let me be the first to say: Arrr. Very nice.

9. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

no pix but im a pretty big fan of those kiton spectators out now. the ones in dark brown and light brown leather, also the RLPL specs are beautiful. i would buy them all if i could.

10. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

I withhold my vote until I return from Paris. Does anyone know enough about Marc Guyot to weigh in an opinion on his shoes?

11. PHV

PHV Well-Known Member

Koji, did you pay full retail for those Lobbs?

12. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

I'm no millionaire, those ain't mine. [​IMG] (naturlaut ebayed them, I believe) koji

13. StagRaven

StagRaven Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Don't worry, they come in other colors as well. Red, purple, lilac..... [​IMG]

14. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Well-Known Member

those are the type of spectator where the basketball player charges up into the bleachers and kicks their ass.

15. alchimiste

He seems to have a rather good reputation on souliers.net, you may want to ask there. One thing in his favor: he has a well defined style (at least half of his shoes are bicolor if not bimaterial). Mathieu

16. johnapril

(johnapril @ April 24 2005,09:18) Does anyone know enough about Marc Guyot to weigh in an opinion on his shoes?
    He seems to have a rather good reputation on souliers.net, you may want to ask there. Â One thing in his favor: he has a well defined style (at least half of his shoes are bicolor if not bimaterial). Mathieu
    Mathieu, You are a member of souliers.net, oui? I have been trying to sort out from the site whether any member can discuss the construction techniques and quality of Corthay, Aubercy, Guyot, etc. However, the crowd there seems mostly interested in style and price. On the styleforum, the crowd picks apart every last stitch and detail of English, Italian, and American shoes, but the designs of these shoes do not really suit my taste, and no one here seems to have much experience with French brands, which have designs I find pleasing. On souliers.net, they talk about French brands, but not to the depth and detail that would help me to understand how well the shoes are made. Do you know of a thread in there that talks about the quality of the various French shoes? Merci, John

17. alchimiste

A problem with many French forums is that they are too small to have many experts as members.

Why don't you start a thread on souliers.net asking about the construction of Marc Guyot's shoes?

Mathieu

18. johnapril

I would like to but I have been unable to register. My wife tried too, but no confirmation message ever was sent to either of us so we could start posting. [​IMG]

19. alchimiste

There was a delay in my case too. So I emailed the web master directly and he registered me.
    I can post for for you if you want. Just tell me exactly what you wanna ask.

Mathieu