• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pitti Uomo 83: Classic Menswear Edition

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just to add to the deluge of shoe pics, here's some detail shots of my two favorite styles from Ludwig Reiter. They do a fantastic Alt Wien (fitting for an actual old Vienna shoemaker) and a solid single monk.

Alden also brought out some new samples for the show. I really dig this Van-last boot with a handsewn moc. They made it up in both a 9-eye and a 7-eye model. And good lord, that loden suede is sharp:

They've also got a new chromexcel PTB. The weight on the leather is heavy enough to make the shoe unlined in the toe. It's a nice touch which really slims up the profile:

Last edited:

A.J.V

Reaction score
Here's some points from my (blogger) view after couple of Pitti fairs.

There are a lot of different policies and attitudes towards people trying to take photos. Some allow only people with the press pass, some let anyone take photos and then there are some who are between these two lines. For example Cucinelli is pretty restricted, there are few guys / journalists who they let to take pictures, mainly guys they know well.

What I do, is always tell what I do (tell about my blog etc) and then ask for the permission to take some shots and of course post them after that. If the answer is no (as it has been for example at Silvano Lattanzi. In general I think some of the shoemakers are the most strict on their "policies") then it's no. And as said before that is to be respected.

It would be great make more detailed stories or posts of every brand seen at the fair but as the time is limited it's hardly possible. This time I chose few brands that I wanted to take a closer look and have a chat with them as well (such as Barena, Eleventy, Fedeli, Boglioli, Drake's) and then the others I went through and just took a look of the collection & snapped some photos.. Also met met some great guys such as Federico Ceschi of N.H Sartoria during the week and will be posting the interview at some time later.

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Question:
What fresh Ducal is this? :)

Answer:
I think he's referring to Ducal (-Firenze) Shoes.

Beautiful hand-crafted shoes, the collection was really nice.
That was such a fun set of photos. Thank you for taking and sharing them!

I'm surprised that Drakes et al. don't want their collection photographed and posted online. Why is that? Do they want to announce/promote the designs themselves, later?

Great photos....thanks for posting!

Here's some points from my (blogger) view after couple of Pitti fairs.

There are a lot of different policies and attitudes towards people trying to take photos. Some allow only people with the press pass, some let anyone take photos and then there are some who are between these two lines. For example Cucinelli is pretty restricted, there are few guys / journalists who they let to take pictures, mainly guys they know well.

What I do, is always tell what I do (tell about my blog etc) and then ask for the permission to take some shots and of course post them after that. If the answer is no (as it has been for example at Silvano Lattanzi. For example I think some of the shoemakers are the most strict on their "policies") then it's no. And as said before that is to be respected.

It would be great make more detailed stories or posts of every brand seen at the fair but as the time is limited it's hardly possible. This time I chose few brands that I wanted to take a closer look and have a chat with them as well (such as Barena, Eleventy, Fedeli, Boglioli, Drake's) and then the others I went through and just took a look of the collection & snapped some photos.. Also met met some great guys such as Federico Ceschi of N.H Sartoria during the week and will be posting the interview at some time later.

Thank you! I really enjoyed taking the photos as well. I'm not one of those guys with a DSLR and a huge lens but I still had fun!

Regarding secrecy around new collections. One of the reasons is because the collections don't hit the stores till around September and they just don't want it to be seen elsewhere before then, they work so hard on it and want the launch to be "OH WOW!!" as opposed to "I was waiting for that to come out, I saw it 6 months ago...". Also, I was told that the wholesale customer of certain brands get annoyed when the new collections are all over the internet before their official release.. This I can definitely sympathise with.

I don't think they're worried about people copying their collections or if they are, it's not as much as they don't want it to be released before the proper time.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Where will this be for sale?

I wanna buy the whole outfit :D

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks a lot @davesmith for sharing!

Except for the sometimes too dramatic shoulder, I really love Sciamat. Peculiar but all in all not too eccentric I think!

They really push the boundaries, but their stuff remains in the realm of high-quality, tailored men;s clothing... One of my real "Pitti" moment was seeing Nicola Ricci (Director of Sciamat) being directed by a bunch of photographers as he was walking outside and they were snapping photos. Made me smile..

^ Where will this be for sale?

I wanna buy the whole outfit :D

It would take a special man to rock that! Not sure what the SC is made of but it's lined with vintage silk and has a Harris Tweed vest! Also, I love the way they presented their ties..

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dan e gee

Reaction score

That was such a fun set of photos. Thank you for taking and sharing them!

I'm surprised that Drakes et al. don't want their collection photographed and posted online. Why is that? Do they want to announce/promote the designs themselves, later?

I'd say they are more concerned with people copying their new lines before they are out.
After all, you don't really know who is taking the pictures and what for.

Dan e gee

Reaction score

They really push the boundaries, but their stuff remains in the realm of high-quality, tailored men;s clothing... One of my real "Pitti" moment was seeing Nicola Ricci (Director of Sciamat) being directed by a bunch of photographers as he was walking outside and they were snapping photos. Made me smile..

It would take a special man to rock that! Not sure what the SC is made of but it's lined with vintage silk and has a Harris Tweed vest! Also, I love the way they presented their ties..

Certainly would like to give that outfit a go.

I love the look of the ties too. I suppose the high neck on the shirts has a lot to do with that.

ElliottPapineau

Reaction score

Hey guys,

Just to add to the deluge of shoe pics, here's some detail shots of my two favorite styles from Ludwig Reiter. They do a fantastic Alt Wien (fitting for an actual old Vienna shoemaker) and a solid single monk.

Alden also brought out some new samples for the show. I really dig this Van-last boot with a handsewn moc. They made it up in both a 9-eye and a 7-eye model. And good lord, that loden suede is sharp:

They've also got a new chromexcel PTB. The weight on the leather is heavy enough to make the shoe unlined in the toe. It's a nice touch which really slims up the profile:

Any more shots of the new Alden's?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads