• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pitti Uomo 83: Classic Menswear Edition

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
trust me. its awesome.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
trust me. its awesome.
happy.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed the whole discussion but that guy is the same person - maybe there's something in the angle that's confusing Fok here... I'll remember his coat forever - the mixed color yarns in a donegal weave gave an amazing effect. Really beautiful stuff.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
is it an isaia jacket, the blue DB that i think you refer to? id love to see that in person, and even better, wear it.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We caught up with Mike and Adele of Epaulet (www.epauletnewyork.com), my personal favorite stockist of Carmina (you should check out their selection), and they are going to be stocking a couple of models from the venerable Austrian maker Ludwig Reiter:

LL

Paging comrade. I once investigated this line after he said it was his favorite/only shoes that fit a low instep.

Do these come in extended widths?

Last edited:

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is with those hats? I don't understand, what is the appeal?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

None. It is an Italian tactic to chicafy hats for men. Stick to fedoras.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

i think it is a combination of simple silliness and sheer satisfaction of the rise it seemingly gets out of everyone.

:D

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As one blogger breathlessly reported--
breaking # news said:
With all the floppy hats and shawls going on, this was the year that Pitti men raided their mothers closets. Personally, I believe in moderation, which is a nice way of saying if the brim of your hat is longer than the sandwich you just had for lunch, leave it at home. While there were a few questionable chapeau choices captured this year, that’s not to say that we should issue an edict banning all floppy hats, especially when the originator of the look proves that it can actually work. Pretty much all of Rabensteiner’s hats look considerably beat up, but it’s better that way—a worn in hat has stories in all of its creases. This is probably why Rabensteiner’s floppy hat look works so well. It’s almost as if he’s just taken flat brimmed hats and worked them in 'til they can’t stand up straight anymore. If you have enough confidence to copy the look (or an only child complex), take it from RR and aire on the shorter side when it comes to the brim. It’ll make you look more like a fashion editor and less like a lady who lunches.

From
http://four-pins.com/style/the-wizardry-of-robert-rabensteiner/

Apparently in an interview with a wizard / epic model / street style king who wears circular glasses in lieu of a crown.

These sorts of things remind me how this is a fun hobby but it would be embarrassing to have to write about clothes for a living.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads