1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pinstripe suit...navy or charcoal

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Geran Brown, May 10, 2012.

1. Lovelace

Lovelace Well-Known Member

A stripe on a grey ground would be less 'aggressive' than one on a navy ground and definitely less aggressive than on one a black ground.

For a first venture into the 'stripe' world I would suggest a charcoal grey chalk in a full-milled cloth. A slightly fuzzed out look, oft mistaken for flannel. Very English.

I have several.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  2. wintourh007

wintourh007 Active Member

I would pick a pinstripe suit in charcoal.

3. cptjeff

cptjeff Well-Known Member

How about a charcoal pinstripe flannel?

Personally, I far prefer charcoal pinstripe to navy pinstripe. I have two charcoal pinstripes, and zero navy pinstripes- and I like it that way. Going with charcoal makes much more sense in terms of your collection too, so that seems like the clear winner to me.

4. tim_horton

tim_horton Well-Known Member

I prefer DARK navy (midnight blue) with white pinstripes to make the pinstripes stand out. Also double breasted.

5. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

The correct answer is to get both :)

I do love a mid-grey flannel chalkstripe though. Preferably in a three-piece. One of these days...