1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

pinks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by auto90403, Feb 13, 2005.

1. auto90403

auto90403 Well-Known Member

Santa Monica, California/McLean, Virginia
    my dad was regular army and in hte late 1940s and early 1950s wore a uniform shirt called pinks (not certain i have it right).

he loved the look and i loved how he looked.

anyone here familar with what i'm talking about? and where can i find such a shirt?

2. Nonk

Nonk Well-Known Member

I believe "pinks" was the US Army slang for the dress uniform of that period that comprised a jacket and trousers of differing colours, before the US made the decision to adopt green as the uniform dress colour of that service.

There are various firms who produce replicas of this old issue, and a few minutes on google will no doubt find them.

Try watching "Band of Brothers" for a good example of this uniform.

3. Shirtmaven

Shirtmaven Well-Known Member

I thought it refered to a specific shade of "khaki Twill"