1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pink shirt ,disrespected

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by khaki sack, May 13, 2008.

1. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

IMHO, it really depends on the shade of pink,

for example:

lavendar pink = metrosexual

fuchsia, cerise, or persian rose pink= asking to get your ass kicked by rednecks. Those are reserved for the gheys.

I can't call up exactly what shades you're thinking of, but there are plenty of ways to wear a pink shirt - for instance a pale pink shirt with a navy tie and gray suit - that are neither metrosexual nor "ghey" [sic]. For me probably the third most flexible color to have in a shirt behind white and blue.

2. Joseph K. Bank

Joseph K. Bank Well-Known Member

If you want to add some individuality to your wardrobe without being overly flamboyant I would consider Ecru as a shirt color in place of pink.

3. Murray

Murray Well-Known Member

Yesterday I met with friends for lunch, at the curry shack, of Shukra Shurpali. I was wearing a new pink shirt from ,Turnbull (& Asher). A fat Mexican kid was walking by and called me the 'f' name. Maybe he was not pleased with my shirt? Or maybe ,he did not like the look of my ,tandoori?

Why do you hate the, pink,?

What makes you think it had anything to do with your shirt? It may be possible that kid mistook you for homosexual because of another reason. Maybe you had lipgloss on or your hand was on the knee of another bloke? It is not always about the clothes. Wait a minute, are you associating pink shirts with being gay? I wear pink shirts and I assure you that I am not gay and have never been mistaken as such.

BTW, why can't we just spell gay properly instead of other permutations such as ghey?

4. academe

academe Well-Known Member

IMHO, it really depends on the shade of pink,

for example:

lavendar pink = metrosexual

fuchsia, cerise, or persian rose pink= asking to get your ass kicked by rednecks. Those are reserved for the gheys.

You clearly don't live in the UK, where pink, in whatever shade (other than perhaps the very bright or fluorescent ones) is acceptable for pretty much any man with a suit & tie, regardless of their sexual orientation.

OP-

I wouldn't let yourself be too worried by what one ignorant kid thinks. I have a stack of pink shirts myself. More likely he was just trying to make a dig at you, for whatever reason.

5. jbmarine

jbmarine Well-Known Member

Where Neverland Ranch, Santa Monica, and the land
    I wore a pink polo on a date near Navy Pier once when some guy driving by shouted his question of why "I was wearing my girlfriend's shirt."

I though it was pretty funny. [​IMG]

6. bowtielover

bowtielover Well-Known Member

I don't hate pink actualy I thnk it shows how secure a man is in is masculinity when he can wear pink. I have a few pink shirts ties and other items and I think they look greta on me. I have never recieved any negtive comments for them, I don't think that boy knew what he was talking about. Anyone his age shouldn't be using words like that anyways.

7. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Active Member

As long as men wear pink, gay jokes will be made. If it really bothered you that much, quit wearing pink shirts. As a side note, what makes you think that the pink shirt had anything to do with the "fat mexican kid's" comment?

Advice from the neighborhood butler

P.S. BTW ,what's up with ,the odd ,punctuation? Some ,sort of statement ?Hmm.

If you want to make statements, stick with the pink shirts, you will get more respect that way.

8. Corinthian

Corinthian Well-Known Member

...I think they look greta on me.

Greta does wear a lot of pink [​IMG]

9. kaxixi

kaxixi Well-Known Member

Ah, the Midwest. "Near" Navy Pier?

I wore a pink polo on a date near Navy Pier once when some guy driving by shouted his question of why "I was wearing my girlfriend's shirt."

I though it was pretty funny. [​IMG]

10. polar-lemon

polar-lemon Well-Known Member

why do you type like vaclav all of a sudden? i remember when your posts were normal?

+1

I do as well, and now I'm just really confused. Is there some sort of inside joke that I'm missing out on? Or is everyone just as confused?

11. Tomasso

Tomasso Well-Known Member

12. Nataku

Nataku Well-Known Member

+1

I do as well, and now I'm just really confused. Is there some sort of inside joke that I'm missing out on? Or is everyone just as confused?

I never understood why anyone did this in the first place. Putting, the commas in all, the wrong places. [​IMG]

13. j

j Well-Known Member

Maybe you had lipgloss on or your hand was on the knee of another bloke?

[​IMG]

Oh, I misread it as "maybe you had lipgloss on your hand and on the knee of another bloke. Either way.

Anyway. Mr Sack. Was there ,perhaps a troubt ., in the wrong pocket, ? or another trolling signal crossed?

14. khaki sack

khaki sack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Anyway. Mr Sack. Was there ,perhaps a troubt ., in the wrong pocket, ? or another trolling signal crossed?

I just wanna keep ,their fat fingers out of my ,samosa.

15. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

duplicate post

16. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Yesterday I met with friends for lunch, at the curry shack, of Shukra Shurpali. I was wearing a new pink shirt from ,Turnbull (& Asher). A fat Mexican kid was walking by and called me the 'f' name. Maybe he was not pleased with my shirt? Or maybe ,he did not like the look of my ,tandoori?

Why do you hate the, pink,?

He made an insulting remark about you ... and now you have made an insulting remark about him (after the fact). You're even ... if you choose to look at it that way. But honestly, I think you are both the worse for it.

17. yachtie

yachtie Well-Known Member

Pink? [​IMG]

Salmon or coral? [​IMG]

18. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

Pink? [​IMG] Salmon or coral? [​IMG]
    I like pink, salmon AND coral. Pink is good for the complexion.

19. yachtie

yachtie Well-Known Member

I like pink, salmon AND coral. Pink is good for the complexion.

Not mine- I look embalmed in pink.

20. Film Noir Buff

Film Noir Buff Well-Known Member

Not mine- I look embalmed in pink.
    Well that's probably not a good color for you then. [​IMG] I like coral as an accent color because it is softer than red but stronger than pink. I like red too, though. For casual I would wear a solid red shirt. In fact, I have to think about designing one.