1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Pilling T-Shirt after first wash

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by pnewelljr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. pnewelljr

pnewelljr Well-Known Member

I just got a T-Shirt from J.Crew and have worn it maybe 3 or 4 times and just washed it inside out cold water, and I noticed pilling on the back lower part of the tshirt. I never looked, so this may have happened before the actual washing.

1) Why is this happening? Is it from me wearing it or washing it and can it be avoided?
    2) How can I safely remove this?

2. pnewelljr

No help with this?

3. pyroxyze

pyroxyze Well-Known Member

This is called the "holey" t-shirt and is a common problem J Crew t-shirts. Best advice? Get everlane, hanes, or some other t.

4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

I love the fit of JCrew slim tees more than any brand - but the quality is total shit.

5. pnewelljr

I love the cut and the feel of the shirts more than any other brand I've tried. And my question pertained to shirts I"ve already bought, so telling me to buy another brand doesn't really help

6. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

Well I think that what we are collectively saying is, if you want tees that last, don't buy JCrew. Nothing you can do now.